Collect, Sell or Fun?

vinny1957

Jan 4, 2012
Denver, Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Do you hunt with the view to sell (make money) or do you hunt to collect or just purely for the fun and enjoyment?
Or maybe all depending what you find? Just wondering. For me and I haven't been out once yet, right now it's the enjoyment and relaxation I think. After 35 years of working it doesn't sound bad. What about you?

To me it's all about finding the unexpected. Finding that silver or gold coin, a gold nugget, or even a wheatie. "It's not about making any money."

I think if someone gets in to this hobby (and thats the key word) and looks at it as a job to make money, they are going to be very dissapointed. Although people do make enough money to pay for their machine, i really doubt too many people make enough money to live off of, unless you happen to find a cache of gold coins and then hope someone doesnt take it away from them.

So enjoy the HOBBY and if you make money, then so be it...just dont EXPECT it.

Strictly fun. Most times I don't even clean my finds...just toss em in a jar. I'll rub em if a coin to see a date or if it's a curious artifact I may put some effort into cleaning it....but just fun...A day out, some fresh air to blow the stink off, a hike into the woods, or just seeing what a place looks like a 100 years later from what my research showed....

It just closes my mind off the harsh realities of life and allow me to escape into some fantasy world where nothing matters....pure relaxation! :thumbsup:

Al

Exercise, & Curiousity !

Value is a Bonus (Gas Rebate)

All of the above...

Well, hello from up here in Summit County, Vinny1957. I hunt just for enjoyment. But I do admit I always have that thought 'Well, I didn't find it this time...but next time maybe, just maybe..'. Kinda like those guys who hunt for the Loch Ness monster on the Discovery Channel.

Mostly for the fun, but always with a little hope that the next hunt will turn up a seriously good find. Always curious as to what made the detector beep.
luvsdux

:icon_thumright:

fun. the finds...silver...gold it's all good. yeah, you totally have to live for today while working at digging things up...all of it makes it a good time being out and the most addicting hobby ever! :laughing7:

All of the above! I do it for the fun, the exercise never hurts... it's great finding something good to add to my collection, but certain things I let go for a stack of cash. It's all good!

I've never find anything valuable enough to sell and I keep on going, like I'm obsessed at times. :blob9: So it has to be for fun.

To me MDin is an adventure never knowing what will come next.I broke my back in 4 places falling off a ladder back in 06,I find that lookin is the BEST therapy there is instead of sitting around getting all stiff.Gotta go swing now! God Bless Chris

Fun and the hunt. I spend the clad, save the (rare) silver and jewelry, and recast the modern lead.

Its simply , to win a piece of bread, i am always smiling.

In their proper order

1- Fun.. A day out, mystery, excitement, unknown and talking with people you meet (babes included) :thumbsup:
2- Collecting. I have an amazing collection of pull tabs, and toy cars from over the years :laughing7:
3- Selling: Never found anything of great value yet, but I have sold a good deal of costume jewelry :laughing7:

It's the thrill of the hunt. When I find something cool, and it doesn't have to be valuable, I get happy. I hope to have lots of happy this afternoon. :)

Add to the options; healthy, outdoor excercise with peace of mind mixed with optimistic outlook.
'bout as much fun a man can have with his clothes on

I haven't sold any of my better finds and doubt I ever will. Cleaned my first years clad finds and cashed them in at the bank when I accumalated about $300. I think MDing is about as perfect a form of recreational endeavor as man has ever devised. Fresh air, exercise, and the thrill of the unexpected find. It satisfies man's natural inclination to hunt. That should about cover it. ;D
Pablo

I supose all of the above to one degree or another.......but honestly.......once I slip on those headphones the rest of the world just plain goes away. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back