What's new

Colonial cellars

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
1,770
Golden Thread
2
Location
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Im wondering why all the early Colonial cellars always have buried bricks in the cellar and behind them.

Im guessing they were brought in after the colonial period but :dontknow:

Anybody?


Blaze
 
I don't think they were brought in after. Brick is OLD. It used to be really expensive so they only used it for certain applications.

I've noticed the same thing. I always find brick in old cellar holes. It's usually down deep though.
 
SeaninNH said:
I don't think they were brought in after. Brick is OLD. It used to be really expensive so they only used it for certain applications.

I've noticed the same thing. I always find brick in old cellar holes. It's usually down deep though.

Yeah anywhere around the cellar or inside of it you will find brick and yes it can be very deep..
Strange dont you think so :icon_scratch:

Blaze
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom