Colonial Cold Streak

U

umrgolf

KKC convinced to get back on the colonial trail and it has been pretty sad thus far. These are my finds from the last two days :-\ ::) HH Jeff

BTW, Sentinel came back out with me yesterday to one of my sites and dug 2 4 great finds but I'll let him post them :thumbsup:

.54 caliber 3-ringer, flower cufflink, broken buckle :'(
IMG_0221.JPG

brass nails/rivets
IMG_0223.JPG

Police 2 pc button in center.. numerous flat buttons
IMG_0224.JPG

2 old broken pocket knives and a new one
IMG_0225.JPG

broken barrel tap
IMG_0226.JPG

Upvote 0
With never having had a chance of hunting your kind of sites, I would be JUMPING UP & DOWN. Thanks for photo's.
Arid.

Jeff I'm still wondering if thats gold on that pocket knife. Maybe we will test it, I have a gold test kit somewhere around here....Enjoyed it and we hammered it hard all weekend.... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

thanks fellas, ya lets test it josh.. prob fake

Looks like some pretty nice finds to me...

That buckle fragment is cool. Looks like it was a very ornate buckle.

Congrats on the haul !!!

Brian in MA

When you coil is hot, it's how, and when it's not, it's not! Just a numbers game so something good will happen soon.

Don't worry, Jeff, you will be back on the Colonial train soon. We got out today for the first time in 2010 and it was a miserable one.

Thanks for the replies fellas, u'd think with all those buttons out in the fields that at least one old coin or military button would have found its way under my coil ??? ::) maybe next weekend :-\ :laughing9:

umrgolf2000 said:
Thanks for the replies fellas, u'd think with all those buttons out in the fields that at least one old coin or military button would have found its way under my coil ??? ::) maybe next weekend :-\ :laughing9:

I ran into that last Fall... button after button after button and nothing good. My last 250 or so gave up far less then any other time I've dug that many. I think this is going to be the year of the military for us. :thumbsup:

good job on all those buttons! Somethin will pop up soon

At least you got a good number of flat buttons. I wish I could have made it down. My daughter hit a pothole with her car and had to put in in the shop and I had to take to work and pick her up. I did get out for a bit and dug a roundball. Maybe next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back