What's new

Colonial copper

tav396

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2010
Messages
49
Reaction score
209
Golden Thread
0
Location
western pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-- Minelab e-trac Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first readable(barely) colonial from my area. A toasted largie yesterday was another heart breaker and been in a silver drought for weeks. Least this gives me a little hope
HH
 

Attachments

  • 1786 vermont.webp
    1786 vermont.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 22
Congratulations on the old copper recovery!
 
I read what the label on your photo said and I thought it was a state coppers, lol. Then I saw the "NIA" on the right side. Brittania. That's an old KG, probably a 3rd. Have a pic of the reverse? Nice find!

Steve
 
Last edited:
Congrats on a great find!!

-- Jeff --
 
English coin, by the Reverse image show.
Was the bust on Obverse of coin, looking Left or Right...???
Looks like a "7" on the end of the date at the bottom there...1700's...?
 
Yea, its a king geo II facing left. thought it was a Vermont at first...



Remember," thought without action is just fantasy"
 
Congrats Tav! Welcome to the colonial club! Great find!
 
Nice find. Although they usually come out of the ground toasted, I love finding early coppers.
 
Just so you know... even a part date, outline of the bust, whether it's a U or V issue, can often date these as it narrows it down a lot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom