Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
As I usually do this time of year when the relic fields are no longer available, I give it a try at the oceanfront and other local beaches in search of gold. Went this morning with Sanddigger at low tide, and my very first target was my best find of the day. After walking 100 yards north from my entry point without a signal, I finally got a very faint and repeatable hi-lo tone on my Infinium. And 15" later I had a huge ring in my hand. In one of the pics below its compared to my wedding ring. Quite a difference! Turns out it's a cobalt BioBlu 27 wedding band from Scott Kay's Prime Collection, and also has the word "Faith" inscribed on the inside. It's highly machined and is slick to the touch. Neither me nor any of the other hunters I showed it to at the beach knew what it was, but cobalt rings are apparently the latest and greatest probably because the price of gold is so high. Anyway, it was a good way to start out the beach season.

Attachments

• cobalt ring1.JPG
    cobalt ring1.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 124
  • cobalt ring2.JPG
    cobalt ring2.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 122
  • cobalt ring3.JPG
    cobalt ring3.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 117
  • cobalt ring4.JPG
    cobalt ring4.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 1
What a SWEET find!!!!
Congrats!!!

Joe

Nice Going Bill, it's always nice to break away once in a blue-moon and do some beach hunting. Nice finds buddy.

Darn things cost as much as the gold ones do almost. I knew about the titanium ones but I didn't know about these. Nice find.:thumbsup:

Great find!!!! a really cool ring!!!

Nice find:icon_thumleft:

I have a hard time making the transition to the sand..

It could pay off...

Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back