Iron Patch
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2007
- Messages
- 19,276
- Reaction score
- 8,953
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Dirtyville
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Deus
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
IP...could those square holes be nail holes
SS
Looks like some sort of washer or cover, but nailed into whatIron Patch said:Silver Searcher said:
IP...could those square holes be nail holes
SS
They could be, but not sure why "this" would be nailed into"that"?
Daryl...have you had to much wine...hicBioProfessor said:Geez, it's a 3-holer. Close relative to the 4-holer and distant cousin to the 3-ringer.
What was "this' nailed to "that?" Cause.
Daryl

Silver Searcher said:Daryl...have you had to much wine...hicBioProfessor said:Geez, it's a 3-holer. Close relative to the 4-holer and distant cousin to the 3-ringer.
What was "this' nailed to "that?" Cause.
Daryl![]()
SS


johnnyi....a sinker as in weightjohnnyi said:Patch, It could have been nailed to something but I doubt it. Odds are it's the same kind of deal as this pewter coin I dug at the bottom of the N.J. canal. I think it and your's were probably used for a sinker (and possibly stabbed by a fork tine).

Silver Searcher said:johnnyi....a sinker as in weightjohnnyi said:Patch, It could have been nailed to something but I doubt it. Odds are it's the same kind of deal as this pewter coin I dug at the bottom of the N.J. canal. I think it and your's were probably used for a sinker (and possibly stabbed by a fork tine).the holes in your piece look identical to IP, but why would a sinker be round like that, here in the UK, a sinker refers to a fishing weight
SS
johnnyi said:Patch, It could have been nailed to something but I doubt it. Odds are it's the same kind of deal as this pewter coin I dug at the bottom of the N.J. canal. I think it and your's were probably used for a sinker (and possibly stabbed by a fork tine).
cheese said:Yeah, whizzers/spinner toy is what I was thinking too.
Iron Patch said:Silver Searcher said:Daryl...have you had to much wine...hicBioProfessor said:Geez, it's a 3-holer. Close relative to the 4-holer and distant cousin to the 3-ringer.
What was "this' nailed to "that?" Cause.
Daryl![]()
SS
Something has to wash down the crack.![]()
