colorado river

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well
any takers on the subject
were did all the water go in the first place

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Between Las Vegas and LA, and all the irrigation down into Mexico, I guess it just runs out of water before it gets to the ocean.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well
any takers on the subject
were did all the water go in the first place

The water goes bye bye when you push down on the lever attached to the white tank behind that bowl called California.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well that should help keep the Ocean from flooding out the main land

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below Imperial Dam only a small portion of the Colorado River makes it past Yuma, Arizona and the confluence with the intermittent Gila River – which carries runoff from western New Mexico and most of Arizona – before defining about 24 miles (39 km) of the Mexico–United States border. At Morelos Dam, the entire remaining flow of the Colorado is diverted to irrigate the Mexicali Valley, among Mexico's most fertile agricultural lands.[

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Below Imperial Dam only a small portion of the Colorado River makes it past Yuma, Arizona and the confluence with the intermittent Gila River – which carries runoff from western New Mexico and most of Arizona – before defining about 24 miles (39 km) of the Mexico–United States border. At Morelos Dam, the entire remaining flow of the Colorado is diverted to irrigate the Mexicali Valley, among Mexico's most fertile agricultural lands.[

Actually the Mexicali Valley is now basically well driven. For over 60 miles the terminus of the Colorado River is actually bone dry for the first time in relative modern history, since about 2003. By the way, it never terminated at the ocean, it actually used to flow all the way through to the gulf of California. It now stops dry about 15 miles past the Arizona California Mexico border.
I am a flag-waving American patriot, but what right do we have to actually use all the water from the Colorado River and leave nothing left for our neighbor just to the Sourh?

Last edited:

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok-flanders.jpg

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
The Mexicans are a lot like early American Indians. They just can't imagine how someone sitting at the table could just take everything. I travel there a lot. I also spend lots and lots of time there. The people are very friendly but when the general public deals with me, there's a tongue-in-cheek insincerity that will never ever ever cease to exist

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Colorado river
didn't know it stopped 90 mile short of the Ocean
would that be a good spot to detect and dry wash for gold
and look for old artifacts

gold might be found near a tributary run off b4 the lake created
by the dam, or a tributary below the dam, a lot of the river cant
be panned dif rules, laws dif states

info on what empty pockets and el padron are talking about
http://fire.biol.wwu.edu/trent/alles/ColoradoRiverIntro.pdf

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Colorado river
didn't know it stopped 90 mile short of the Ocean
would that be a good spot to detect and dry wash for gold
and look for old artifacts

Most all the riverbed south of Yuma is dry, just sand with a damp spot now and then. I'm not sure how it would be to try dry washing the river. Probably there is gold down there, but it could be VERY deep under the sand.

I've metal detected several times along the river in Mexico. There are lots of abandoned houses and homesteads in the valley, probably because of the lack of water. I found a lot of trash, a few artifacts and bunches of Mexican coins, mostly modern and worthless. Many of the houses and surrounding properties are cratered with holes, some really huge, dug by would-be treasure hunters following a dowsing rod. I do believe, just like the treasure hunters obviously do also, that there probably are good finds to be had for a lot of diligent searching. This is especially true considering the circumstances of the average campesino during the Revolución of 1910. Northern Mexico was ravaged by several bands of banditos, and the only secure place for any valuables worth saving was in the ground. Every little pueblo has it's stories of buried treasure, and a few have been found. I think there are some there.

If you want to MD in Mexico it's a good idea to speak some Spanish, and better still go with a native Spanish speaker who knows the area and culture, as well as what to expect from the Policía, which now are mostly military. Trust me, the military in Mexico is much better to deal with than the former Rurales, as we always called the local police. Personally, I've never had a single problem with ANYONE in Mexico while detecting there.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks
for all the replies every one
now if we can divert the Mississippi the same way
who needs shipping any ways
throw a few dams up send it off to Texas
so the water Barron's can make his trillions

liftloop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread