What's new

Colorful drill type bird point

nmtreasure

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2018
Messages
52
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
NM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today in a washout. First drill shaped point i have found. Looks worked. Thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • 20180222_175329.webp
    20180222_175329.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
  • 20180222_175305.webp
    20180222_175305.webp
    2 MB · Views: 94
  • 20180222_175244.webp
    20180222_175244.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
Pretty materials.

They both look like flakes to me, probably debris from knapping. They might very well have been used as flake tools, but I don't see the shaping with secondary flaking to call it a bird point or a paddle drill. JMO.
 
Can you show pics more pics of the first item particularly the narrow part where it comes to a point ..... can you see any flaking on that part?
 
Yes arrow, there appears to be very fine flaking pattern on the neck. Looks like more work was put into it vs a random flake. Could be wrong though and its just a flake.

20180223_065838.webp20180223_065819.webp20180223_065511.webp20180223_065257.webp20180223_065243.webp
 
Last edited:
Yea I thought drill but I would take Joshuareams advice over my own he’s been Doing this much longer than myself and after all I literally just found my first drill days ago.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom