Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Comments wanted from Relic Hunters who use the Minelab Equinox

I'm a 64 year old relic hunter from Georgia. I have and use the Whites MXT Pro and the Minelab Safari. I like both detectors and they work well for relics. My shoulders are beginning to bother me and I may have a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder. I am considering the Minelab

Equinox 600. I like the idea that it is a bit more lighter in weight, it has a fast recovery speed, and it is waterproof. A couple of concerns I have, is the internal stored battery, and if this would be too much of a technology set up for this ole' technology challenged relic hunter. I understand that the Equinox 800 has more bells and whistles, but I don't need helps and whistles, as long as the detector hits well on relics. I don't really care for the wireless headphones, I like my wired Grey Ghost Originals. Any comments or insight from Equinoxes users would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin. I hate spell check.

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I relate to the shoulder issues, see my profile pic....
Anyway, getting a lighter machine, and choose a coil that will do everything,
and be light-weight, and whole unit be water-proof, as well....
Consider a sling-thingy, that is made for carrying most of the weight of the machine...,
but it would be another thing to get snagged-up, in the brush...! Sorry, dont' have mfg name
or the link for that item..., yet, that might be your answer, with all your arsenal of machines...!
GL+HH
Jim

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
I was a Whites user, even a dealer before I retired.
The NOX 800 is now my go-to machine as it is so much lighter.
A big, big plus for me is not being tethered to your machine by a damn cord, love the cordless feature.

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DevlDog,

I have been swinging the Equinox 800 since Oct 18 and love it. Spent the last 3 years in Germany hunting relics and coins and have pulled a ton of each with the Nox the last year and a half. The machine is easy to use and it is definitely light weight. You can use the pre-programmed programs and detect finds right out of the box. If you go with the Nox then I recommend purchasing Andy Sabisch’s book on the Equinox, it is filled with a lot of useful information. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the replies. It was greatly appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread