What's new

Complete Shoe buckle on a cold day

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sunday afternoon I was able to get away. I drive to the spot, hike out, and got 45 minutes in before I had to leave. At least I dug something that made me grin.

First crusty iron-busted signal of the day was the best. Cleaned out the iron above and scored this beauty at 9-10" ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481505312.180288.webp

Last few signals were not too insane, but I was happy to dig them.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481505599.656539.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481505610.349352.webp

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481505620.088349.webp

Any idea what this is?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481505644.455267.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481505653.926367.webp

Well 2016 is coming to a close faster than I'd like. With frigid temps in the forecast I don't know how much longer Northern NJ will stay thawed. Still hoping for a few more targets. Fingers crossed.


Good digging everyone

Steve
 
Upvote 80
Awesome buckle! [emoji106]
 
Color me jealous. I've never found one intact like that, just the frame. Great find!

Thanks Tommy. It's been a number game for me. For every 10 pieces I dig maybe one complete. For AHAB8, it's every friggin' buckle!! lol
 
Not sure what got into you and Brad yesterday! As long as you're not pulling my Maine shoe Buckles it's ok. If you guys find a silver one I'll be happy but I'll also be very very jealous. Great job bud. Not an easy find....unless you live where I do lol
Well, it's quite simple. Mojo heads south for the winter
Austin-Powers-Mojo.webp
 
glad you got buckled up for winter :laughing7:
 
Nice one Steve! Hope the weather cooperates for you, but its not looking good in the short term.
 
That really is a nice buckle! I don't know my relics real well but that one looks complicated enough and built well enough to have belonged to someone of a lil more than average means. :)

WTG!
 
Nice buckle and others too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Great buckle!
 
Congrats on pulling that complete buckle Steve. :notworthy: I feel your pain, last year at this time we were setting record highs in Ohio (70 degrees).
 
great finds man! Congrats!
 
Congrats on digging the complete buckle Steve-it's in great shape. Couldn't let Brad get ahead of you could you? :laughing7:
As far as the frozen ground is concerned we'll try to help get y'all through the winter with our posts; I am fortunate that I can dig year-'round where I live.
 
Congrats on digging the complete buckle Steve-it's in great shape. Couldn't let Brad get ahead of you could you? :laughing7:
As far as the frozen ground is concerned we'll try to help get y'all through the winter with our posts; I am fortunate that I can dig year-'round where I live.

He sure couldn't! I call his buckle the "one upper" buckle because he dug it hours after mine and his is much nicer with a great patina and a really cool shape to it. :laughing7:
 
Nice one Steve! Hope the weather cooperates for you, but its not looking good in the short term.

Thx Bill. Half the luck of digging a buckle is not destroying it when you're digging it out;) as far as the weather - well, we shall see. I expect there's at least one or two more possible outings.
 
That really is a nice buckle! I don't know my relics real well but that one looks complicated enough and built well enough to have belonged to someone of a lil more than average means. :)

WTG!

Thx. Upper middle class likely, but buckles were also passed down in families. I don't believe the spread I found it was more than a meager farmers place. But then again it's also where I found that great coin spill;)
 
Nice looking buckle Steve, harness guide isn't to shabby either. While I got to hunt in 65 degree weather on Sunday don't have much to show for it lol

Famous last words! I bet your next hunt is going to be a great one.

Thanks for looking
 
Nice one Steve. Looks like it's still functional.
 
Congrats on pulling that complete buckle Steve. :notworthy: I feel your pain, last year at this time we were setting record highs in Ohio (70 degrees).

Yep. I remember one winter day last January the ground was steaming after a cold snap. Just look at the freeze here as it's "locking in" the relics and keeping them safe for your spring visit.
 
Congrats on digging the complete buckle Steve-it's in great shape. Couldn't let Brad get ahead of you could you? :laughing7:
As far as the frozen ground is concerned we'll try to help get y'all through the winter with our posts; I am fortunate that I can dig year-'round where I live.

Haha, yep! I said a prayer not to just find a buckle. I specifically asked for a buckle that would one-up Brad's. And yes, you low country folk so a great job keeping us Yanks entertained through the winter;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom