What's new

Conch shell tool frame

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just messing around with some Ryker mounts and thought I'd see how this looked.
Adze and chisel like tools.
The two pieces at the bottom are made from the lip of the shell..the rest from the body.
Went scouting a new property today and had company while attempting to cross a small piece of water.. we both stayed still long enough for the photo..then we both went separate ways.
..... not sure why that photo is sideways ...
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20131021_145844.webp
    ForumRunner_20131021_145844.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Queen (pink) Conch.

ForumRunner_20131021_152233.webp
 
Hey Gator,

I think that frame looks great right side up, or sideways!

This is after all, Reptile Awareness Day. I'd not like one of those guys sneaking up on me.

RAD-200.webp
 
Thanks man
 
Nice!! The bottom row 2nd from right looks almost like a 1/2 grooved axe. I'm assuming grooves and shell don't exist. Just resembles 1/2 groove to me. Gator boy meets Gator! Holy mackerel!
 
Do you find whole conch shells like in the pic down there in nature. Its really hard to find whole shells up here. Have never found one that big. Those displays are really nice.
 
Thanks guys.. I do find whole conch shells.
Many more south of me but there are some up here...alot of big whelks here.
 
Dang boss looks great I love them tools !!!!
 
Thanks alot bro.
Mabey I should have added a size reference.
I actually like the ding on the bit on this one.
It's a tool after all.

704270d1353718027t-since-i-joined-t-net-forumrunner_20121123_194633.webp
 
You the man.
Haha..thank you
 
I gotta get to work on some frames you just inspired me !!!!
 
I gotta get to work on some frames you just inspired me !!!!

It really makes your things look a lot better..and sort of respectfully shows them for what they are.. one of a kind irrepreplacable pieces of human history.
" We only go this way once"
 
Last edited:
I've lost that stuff what's it called oh yeah free time haha
 
I've lost that stuff what's it called oh yeah free time haha

You gave that up after the first couple children ..where your at now... I'm surprised you have time to sneeze.
 
Yeah but I do have the smartest , well mannered , funniest children that any dad could ask for without them I would b very lonely ;)
 
I don't know bout them gators. You say those are made out of shells? Very cool finds!!!!! I'm amazed they weathered the times!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom