What's new

Condiment cap?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Is this a salt or pepper cap and is it old?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0905.webp
    IMG_0905.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0906.webp
    IMG_0906.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0907.webp
    IMG_0907.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0908.webp
    IMG_0908.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 319
I am going with salt or pepper cap with the mercury dime beside it, it would seem to be too small to be a talcum powder or any other kind of powder cap



Mav
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • esq-saltshakers-1009-lg-54503126.webp
    esq-saltshakers-1009-lg-54503126.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
Could be spices. Looks like the remains of a tab on the top left, third pic.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for all your input. :notworthy:
I'll chalk it up as a cap to some contiment device. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
I don't see any threads on the cap so salt/pepper shaker might not fit.

There were several types of powder tins, foot, tooth, denture, delousing (ewww) etc. Here's a tooth powder tin...
 

Attachments

  • Adv._Tin_Sanitol_Tooth_Powder_.webp
    Adv._Tin_Sanitol_Tooth_Powder_.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
Makes more sence Edle Nice find. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Why I thought it was a talc or foot powder was because of the fewer holes common with powder use as opposed to many on salt and pepper shakers. ;D
 
Upvote 0
ringman, you called it. I give you the game ball on this one. :o
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom