Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Paul Tibbets. For those too young to know..............
Paul Warfield Tibbets, Jr. was a brigadier general in the United States Air Force, best known for being the pilot of the Enola Gay, the first aircraft to drop an atomic bomb in the history of warfare.
It would be nice to have had Tibbets sign the reverse of those patches; or have note from him when he gave them from to his girl friend.
Don....

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Paul Tibbets. For those too young to know..............
Paul Warfield Tibbets, Jr. was a brigadier general in the United States Air Force, best known for being the pilot of the Enola Gay, the first aircraft to drop an atomic bomb in the history of warfare.
It would be nice to have had Tibbets sign the reverse of those patches; or have note from him when he gave them from to his girl friend.
Don....

She was His Misstress.
He passed away in 2007. She gave away boxes of His stuff.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Confederate Air Force has been renamed. They got all PC so now it is the Commemorative Air Force.
Located in Texas, I believe.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did an air show at Peachtree DeKalb Air Port in Atlanta in 2002 I went and they only had 6 car decals left for windows with the Confederate Air Force on them the lady at the boot said they were changing their names and these were the last 6 left I think they were $3.00 each Purchased all 6 , Had one on my vehicle till I sold it in 2006 Bro in law had one on his car in NH till he sold his in 2007 , Got to look around here to find the other 4 ,

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love that they save those old planes

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I love that they save those old planes

jeff,

I live near the Bradley Air Museum,they lost so many planes years back from a tornado that were irreplaceable.

I did see a P-51D taking off,people in all the buildings on the NE side of the airport came out to look at that plane taxiing down the runway to takeoff was AWESOME RAW POWER thunder at best! Man what a show!

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it hurts me when I see that one crashes at an airshow ( happens too often)

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
They did an air show at Peachtree DeKalb Air Port in Atlanta in 2002 I went and they only had 6 car decals left for windows with the Confederate Air Force on them the lady at the boot said they were changing their names and these were the last 6 left I think they were $3.00 each Purchased all 6 , Had one on my vehicle till I sold it in 2006 Bro in law had one on his car in NH till he sold his in 2007 , Got to look around here to find the other 4 ,

I had the pleasure of meeting Theodore Van Kirk the month before he died,last one.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever get to the Savannah , GA area this place is a MUST SEE ----http://mightyeighth.org/ Not a lot of old aircraft on grounds but the history alone is intense ---- Take the tour I wont give away the Suprises they give ---- Interesting fact is some of the tour guides have tour assistants who were with the 8th in Europe They are vanishing fast

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread