What's new

Confederate and Union Camp Civil War Finds

Dman

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
1
Location
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
VOL1266-X and I hunted a Confederate camp over the weekend. Then, we hunted a Union camp on Wednesday. The first two rows are what I found at the Confederate camp. I got one good carved bullet and a nice Gardner bullet. I also found a field cast Enfield bullet. Below the knife, are my union camp finds. Sword belt brad and a nice Eagle I button. I was feeling sorry for VOL1266-X on Wednesday because he had only found a few bullets. On the way back to the truck, the lucky dog found a nice Tennessee Veteran's pin. He has posted the pin on Treasure Net.
Thanks for looking,
Dman
 

Attachments

  • DSC00612.webp
    DSC00612.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 838
Upvote 0
Very nice finds,I like that 54 cal. Gardner.And the button is awesome
Congrats on the CW Relics.
Looks like you have a great place to hunt.

fortbball9
 
Nice digs right there Dman...Congrats on those nice finds. :thumbsup: jgas
 
Great finds, you and Vol had a very successful hunt. :thumbsup:

:wink: RR
 
Hey, I bought your lunch. You did great on both hunts. The fact that we did not freeze to death Saturday was a plus. WTG!!!
 
Dman,
Some super CW relics. Way to go.
Very nice of you to let VOL1266-X find that Tennessee pin. :tongue3: What a find!
-MM-
 
Great hunt and finds Dman! Congrats, I got out for awhile and liked to froze to death, lol. Supposed to warm up to 50 Sat. we are planning on hunting all day, only managed about 1.5 hours today. Tim
 
Dman.....I love the passion for the CW hunt's,just never know what's going to pop out of the ground.....You've got some sweet turf down there my Friend. :thumbsup: Get it while you can....
 
Excellent finds Dman :thumbsup:

Nat
 
tymcmurray said:
Great finds. Can we get some close ups?
Here are some of the close-ups you requested. Of the first two bullets, the one on the left is a Gardner bullet and the one on the right is a field cast Enfield. The second and third pictures are carved bullets. The bullet in the third picture is just trimmed around the top. The round ball, I believe, was pulled. You can see the screw marks. The last picture is of an Eagle I button, it is coat size.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00614.webp
    DSC00614.webp
    65.7 KB · Views: 674
  • DSC00615.webp
    DSC00615.webp
    102.4 KB · Views: 658
  • DSC00616.webp
    DSC00616.webp
    78.4 KB · Views: 639
  • DSC00617.webp
    DSC00617.webp
    43 KB · Views: 630
  • dsc00618.webp
    dsc00618.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 620
Nice finds!

I am always envious of you Civil War relic hunters. I would love to come up and get a guided tour sometime, hint hink. :wink:

Very cool
 
Those are very cool finds cant wait for more pics when hunting season is over and you get to go back !
Really love the button!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom