What's new

Confederate Two Piece Buckle!!!!

vadigger89

Full Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
278
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today I went back to the spot I got permission at a few days ago. I dug an eagle button, a gardner, and my first confederate plate! I got a good signal and dug a plug and went over the plug with my detector and the target was in the plug. I saw the squared off edge in the dirt and thought I might have found a spur but when I pulled it out of the dirt I knew I had a confederate wreath. I couldnt believe it. I took a few pics of it and searched right beside where I dug it. Not eight inches away another perfect signal I just knew it has to be the other half I carefully dug around it and flippped the plug out and in the plug there it was the other half a CS Tongue. Now I was really excited, I had just found a complete two piece CS buckle. This is my best find to date. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
 

Attachments

  • FxCam_1364917936238.webp
    FxCam_1364917936238.webp
    145.1 KB · Views: 799
  • FxCam_1364917987151.webp
    FxCam_1364917987151.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 702
  • FxCam_1364918122702.webp
    FxCam_1364918122702.webp
    143.6 KB · Views: 725
  • FxCam_1364918391939.webp
    FxCam_1364918391939.webp
    149.9 KB · Views: 747
  • FxCam_1364931230798.webp
    FxCam_1364931230798.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 771
Upvote 117
Very nice find. Congratulations
 
BANNERIFIC!!!!!
 
Now that deserves a medal!
 
Wicked find!! do you know what dimensions the second picture across is? I think i found one.. but am not sure. GREAT HUNTING!!
 
Wicked find!! do you know what dimensions the second picture across is? I think i found one.. but am not sure. GREAT HUNTING!!

Thanks! Do you want the dimensions of the buckle?
 
It's quite unusual to find both the tongue and wreath together like that. I know you're a happy camper with that find. WTG!!
 
The worse nightmare a relic hunter can face is not a beer can 12 inches deep but finding only the wreath holder to a two piece confederate buckle! I honestly think if you only find the Wreath to a two piece confederate buckle and not the tongue that is by far the worse worse luck a civil war relic hunter can experience.
 
Congrats on an amazing find Both pieces so close and in such good shape, As Stated above;BANNER;BANNER;BANNER!!!!!!!!!....................HH
 
Congrats on an amazing find Both pieces so close and in such good shape, As Stated above;BANNER;BANNER;BANNER!!!!!!!!!....................HH

Yep, that's a banner, that it is. Very very very nice and did I say very nice yes I did.
 
Thanks! Do you want the dimensions of the buckle?

Yes i would love to know the dimensions of the buckle i think i found the circle piece with the latches but its unidentifiable at the moment, Thanks!

once again such a beautiful buckle you did GREAT!:icon_thumleft:
 
dang......I would wear that one! maybe just once lol! Banner!
 
Nice find! Congrats and HH!
 
Had to take one more look at this one, got to get it on the banner ! So go back and hit the button on the first post. Man love that buckle!
 
That is a SWEET find, no doubt, I'd say Banner.. Congrats
 
One of the prettier tongue and wreaths I have seen. Congrats on a stellar find.
 
Man what a nice find right there... That is just awesome!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom