What's new

Conn. copper and old fishing hook

Digaholic

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a tip from my friend at city hall about an old farm I never knew existed. Told me when the british were in the area the farmers hid their livestock in a pen in the woods. My brother and I checked it out and I managed 1 copper and a fish hook that was hand made. I like the coin but the fish hook was very interesting and very sharp. Thought I would share this.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2601.webp
    DSCF2601.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 862
  • DSCF2600.webp
    DSCF2600.webp
    7 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0
So......Where are the pics of the Conn? Would like to see that. Hogge
 
hogge said:
So......Where are the pics of the Conn? Would like to see that. Hogge

You fell for that one, hook, no line, no sinker!
 
I refuse to clean it because every time I try to clean an old coin I ruin it but here it is
 

Attachments

  • daw 001.webp
    daw 001.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 506
Digaholic said:
I refuse to clean it because every time I try to clean an old coin I ruin it but here it is
We need the obverse too. Looks to me like a KG CFT. Left side has "BRITA" it looks like. NIA on the right. What's it look like to you IP?
 
the back is toast, can't see a thing.
 
Digaholic said:
the back is toast, can't see a thing.
Well, a copper is a copper so congrats! Now...I think you mean the front(obverse) is toast because the image you posted IS the back(reverse). Also, if you scanned it please increase the size of the pic a bit. You may be able to clean it up a bit and bring out more detail with petroleum jelly, all depends on the state of the patina. If you find the coins are ruined after a hydro treatment(if you use it)it's because the patina is fragile and is leaving with dirt. You will get better with practice and so will your judgement for how to clean them. Some come out great after hydro and some do not, when in doubt use a little warm water and petro jelly. GL and HH
 
hogge said:
Digaholic said:
I refuse to clean it because every time I try to clean an old coin I ruin it but here it is
We need the obverse too. Looks to me like a KG CFT. Left side has "BRITA" it looks like. NIA on the right.

This :icon_thumright:
 
hogge said:
Digaholic said:
I refuse to clean it because every time I try to clean an old coin I ruin it but here it is
We need the obverse too. Looks to me like a KG CFT. Left side has "BRITA" it looks like. NIA on the right. What's it look like to you IP?

Yep, 1775 maybe... kinda see the 5 I think.
 
MachinMills GameHook.
 
Sniffy said:
MachinMills GameHook.



Then he's gotta throw that copper back and keep fishing. :laughing7:
 
sniffy What is that?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom