Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out this past weekend on a club hunt. Zero coins or good finds after almost five hours. Then funally a good signal. I was happy to see a large copper coin. Thought it was a George, but after a little closer look, the dirt was loose and fell off, I saw "Auctori Connec". Not a George but a Connecticut Copper, and very good detail. Not my usual copper. I was please to have only one coin for 7 hours of detecting.

Any one with a good contact or place for me to get this typed let me know.

Ed D.

Attachments

• CC1788obv.jpg
    CC1788obv.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 657
  • CC1788rev.jpg
    CC1788rev.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 704
Upvote 0
Nice!! That's in great shape!!
:icon_thumright:
Joe

Congrat's Ed :icon_thumright:

Great condition for a dug coin. You should definitely pursue the variety. I just took a quick look at quite a few, some extremely close, but it seems like I could eliminate each one. There's some VERY good 1788 CT coppers so if value matters you will want to find out which it is.

Great find Ed.....I had a brother that lived outside of Annapolis...bet the hunting down there is great below the Mason-Dixon line

Nice CT copper!! Congrats :thumbsup:

That is one SWEET Connecticut :thumbsup: One of the best I have seen posted :headbang:

Very nice find Ed!! Thats a great looking coin..

What Numbers did it come in at on the E-trac?

Thanks,
Scott

Now that is an amazing Colonial find. The detail is just superb. I am so pumped to get into the PA fields this Spring. :hello2:

Kirk

Great find. I would be happy to find only that as well. HH

I wish some, or even ONE of my recently dug coppers was in anywhere near the condition of yours. That is a great coin!

Good luck with the variety. I hope it is a rare one!

I thought the detail was good on the one I just looked at.

That is one of the best looking old coppers I have ever seen.

Congrats Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back