WOW! Thank's Don. I just got done with some peroxide and if I look at it with my loop and at the right angle in the morning light, it is a 1787.
Couple questions. The whole thing looks funky to me. Which marks are the "pheons?"
Why is there a giant crack in the obverse and a little one in the reverse?
Also, I'm pretty sure someone is doing a survey on these, it was found in Westmoreland county PA, just a little over two miles from where I found that NJ Copper.
I have to say I'm excited about this site. Five coins in five hours: One unidentified copper, a CT Copper, an 1877 CC Seated Dime, a V Nickel, and n SLQ. Buttons: one orange extra rich flat button, one Tombac, and one CW three piece. For the first site of many one my list, this looks to be a good year.
Thanks for the help,
Kevo