BenVa68 Hero Member Joined Mar 9, 2018 Messages 504 Reaction score 1,735 Golden Thread 0 Location Hopewell va. Detector(s) used Technetics T2+ Equinox 800 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 2, 2018 #1 Found this Ax head while hunting a 1840 hotel site. I cleaned it up a little and Its kinda cool. I believe it is a Kentucky style ax head but I'm not sure. Attachments 20180602_215646.webp 691.5 KB · Views: 230 20180602_213208.webp 804 KB · Views: 192 20180602_213201.webp 556.5 KB · Views: 203 Upvote 2 Downvote
Found this Ax head while hunting a 1840 hotel site. I cleaned it up a little and Its kinda cool. I believe it is a Kentucky style ax head but I'm not sure.
digger460 Silver Member Joined Sep 19, 2015 Messages 2,984 Reaction score 3,300 Golden Thread 0 Location Southeast Grundy, Illinois Detector(s) used EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot Primary Interest: Other Jun 3, 2018 #2 Unique Ax head you found. Congrats
vpnavy Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jun 15, 2008 Messages 36,565 Reaction score 20,219 Golden Thread 0 Location Pennsylvania (USA) Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 3, 2018 #3 I pulled these from other TN threads... United States Department of Agriculture A Practical Ax Manual Brief History of the Ax. Here are a few pictures - a bunch more on the website Axe Head (Mar 18, 2010) Hammer (Better Pics) (Feb 20, 2008)
I pulled these from other TN threads... United States Department of Agriculture A Practical Ax Manual Brief History of the Ax. Here are a few pictures - a bunch more on the website Axe Head (Mar 18, 2010) Hammer (Better Pics) (Feb 20, 2008)
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 29, 2018 #4 Cool find that's an oldie