What's new

Cool Spider.

Davers

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
8,237
Reaction score
7,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry it's blurry 'when blown up' I was at the end of a 6 hour hunt & standing on a Slope. 019.webp015.webp018.webp


I do recall one of the pictures being better but they were so small , I could not tell the best shot so I posted all 3.
 
I believe that spider is nicknamed the writing spider or garden spider! Nice pictures!
 
Beautiful garden spider. When I get home, I'll run it through Aftershot and see if it can be made a bit clearer.
 
Buzzer sound: Wrong

Golden Orb Spider gentlemen!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_silk_orb-weaver

NOT: Writing spider (Argiope auranthis)

Remember, you heard it first from Carolina Tom!

These things are harmless, but HUGE, and fill the woods of the South.

Best of luck to you Davers!
 
Last edited:
Buzzer sound: Wrong

Golden Orb Spider gentlemen!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_silk_orb-weaver

NOT: Writing spider (Argiope auranthis)

Remember, you heard it first from Carolina Tom!

These things are harmless, but HUGE, and fill the woods of the South.

Best of luck to you Davers!

Yep and they're pretty good at keeping the mosquitoes down with those big old webs, and believe me, mosquitoes are a rather "big" problem here in southeast Arkansas.

article-2653627-1E9EB6F900000578-768_634x643.webp
 
I hope you don't mind ... cleaned him up a bit so he/she could be seen a bit better.

spider01.webp
 
I planted my head right into to one of those spider webs over by Cedar Keys, FL. I was over there checking out a Native American shell mound. I call those spider... The Floridian Jungle Spider. Their webs are tough and the dang thing could probably hold on to a small bird.
 
Last edited:
Nice shot, good thing you didn't end up with the spider on your face.
 
Have always liked those spiders. Used to sit and watch them build their webs when I was a kid. Don't have 'em up here in MN. :crybaby2:
 
Buzzer sound: Wrong

Golden Orb Spider gentlemen!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_silk_orb-weaver

NOT: Writing spider (Argiope auranthis)

Remember, you heard it first from Carolina Tom!

These things are harmless, but HUGE, and fill the woods of the South.

Best of luck to you Davers!

But,but,but
An episode of "Naked and Afraid" in Florida said these are dangerous!

I get them in my landscape about every 2 year cycle.

Natures mosquito nets.
 
Last edited:
I hope you don't mind ... cleaned him up a bit so he/she could be seen a bit better.

View attachment 1503183

Oh no problem , thanks for your work , I wish that I would try to learn such skills.

Also sorry for the delayed response to you & the others , I forgot about this post.

I was thinking about posting another 'Spider' picture.

Great call Carolina Tom , knew it was not a black & Yellow 'Zig Zag' Spider , actually I did not see but 1 of that type this year.
When I was a Child those things scared me to death.
 
Nice shot, good thing you didn't end up with the spider on your face.

LOL! Almost Did , I was on a downward slope with tired legs.
 
But,but,but
An episode of "Naked and Afraid" in Florida said these are dangerous!

I get them in my landscape about every 2 year cycle.

Natures mosquito nets.

I'd be afraid if I was Naked out in the Wilderness ; Afraid a Scorpion or Spider would bite or sting me on my privates.

I never really understood that shows concept. ???
 
I'd be afraid if I was Naked out in the Wilderness ; Afraid a Scorpion or Spider would bite or sting me on my privates.

I never really understood that shows concept. ???

I'm with you Davers, I prefer to have my loin covered in the woods (and most other places too). That show creeps me out, what type of person wants to hang around in the woods with a naked stranger? Or watch people doing that?

Best to you sir!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom