Doubter in MD Bronze Member Joined Jan 18, 2013 Messages 2,173 Reaction score 3,026 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jul 12, 2018 #1 I'm not sure where to post this but look at this cool tool! Upvote 0
Kray Gelder Gold Member Joined Feb 24, 2017 Messages 7,064 Reaction score 12,562 Golden Thread 0 Location Georgetown, SC Detector(s) used Fisher F75 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jul 12, 2018 #2 What kind of tool is that? It's purpose? And why are those people on the side of that hill?
Doubter in MD Bronze Member Joined Jan 18, 2013 Messages 2,173 Reaction score 3,026 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jul 12, 2018 Thread Owner #3 Kray Gelder said: What kind of tool is that? It's purpose? And why are those people on the side of that hill? Click to expand... I'm sorry. I thought I embedded the link to the Nat Geo article. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...s-africa-shangchen-hominin-paleoanthropology/ It's not North American Indian, but I wasn't sure where to post it. It's an article about the oldest tools found outside of Africa. Over 2 million years old. Very cool.
Kray Gelder said: What kind of tool is that? It's purpose? And why are those people on the side of that hill? Click to expand... I'm sorry. I thought I embedded the link to the Nat Geo article. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...s-africa-shangchen-hominin-paleoanthropology/ It's not North American Indian, but I wasn't sure where to post it. It's an article about the oldest tools found outside of Africa. Over 2 million years old. Very cool.
Doubter in MD Bronze Member Joined Jan 18, 2013 Messages 2,173 Reaction score 3,026 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jul 12, 2018 Thread Owner #4 More tools. They just look like rocks to me.
unclemac Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2011 Messages 8,025 Reaction score 9,216 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Jul 12, 2018 #5 those big heavy ones are cobble choppers...by the time modern man had made it to the americas for the most part tool making was more sophisticated.
those big heavy ones are cobble choppers...by the time modern man had made it to the americas for the most part tool making was more sophisticated.