Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look what I found on their Gemini Marine home page—- After Cooper’s death in 2004, Miklos has continued to pay homage to Cooper’s legacy by pursuing his passion for historic shipwreck discovery. He has several promising projects in the works.

Ample Entertainment’s professional crew is currently filming Gemini Marine Explorations’ expeditions to produce a new docu-series, Cooper's Treasure, for the Discovery Channel. Amblin Entertainment, a Steven Spielberg company, is co-producing the project.

A Steven Spielberg company—- that speaks volumes to me.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies I guess I just needed to read the whole story. I see that Sinclair is the chief archaeologist for Gemini Marine.

Last edited:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ropesfish in watching this show I noticed they did pull a small cannon from the sea. Miklos showed it to Mr Money and said he thought it would bring $75000. Is this what happened at the Turks and Caicos? No permission to recover?

I'm not sure where the heck that swivel gun came from. I missed talking to Mike P about it today by about 5 minutes.
I have to admit, I do not spend a lot of time watching the show.I fast forward through the stuff I know is BS and watch the parts with Eric, Mike and Jim more carefully.
I do LOVE the equipment package that Brownie's Logistics put together for them. Man... if you have the budget and good enough targets, that is sure the way to go.

Rob Westrick??? Did you ever write down that story that starts out with ...Darrell Miklos and B___ W____ went to Mexico to run a mag survey out of a helicopter, but the helo cancelled and they decided to do a mag survey out the door of an airplane?

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I must be out of the loop about Sinclair. I met him briefly c.2010 at a 1715 Fleet annual meeting & found him very credible & archeology focused.

There's a lot of trash talking here on tnet lately about him. Is it because of his fundraising endeavors?

I know of nothing untoward in Jim Sinclair's professional life. IMHO he's one of the good guys. The editing of these TV shows can make anyone look any way the editors want.
DRAMA!! MORE DRAMA! is the cry
Frankly jobs are hard to find for a nautical archaeologist these days, particularly one what will work with commercial salvage and I would guess that a real paycheck out of a TV deal is too good to pass up.
I like and respect Jim, Mike and Eric and wish them all luck in all their endeavors.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody remember that movie with Paul Walker and my first wife Jessica Alba?? Into the blue?

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since they don’t have permission to salvage anything, let’s hope the swivel gun on deck was either a previously found item from somewhere else that was used as a “prop” or they returned it promptly to its proper resting place and didn’t put our relations with the Bahamians at risk...

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Does anybody remember that movie with Paul Walker and my first wife Jessica Alba?? Into the blue?

the
Sure thing....it plays around here with the sound off though, cause everyone can do all the dialog.
I would like to point out that, unfortunately, the similarities between real life and that show end shortly after Paul Walker sticks a leg through the floor of his treasure boat.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure but no matter how you look at it, she’s still good looking. I use to kid my wife told her if she didn’t straighten up I was going back to my first wife Jessica Alba. My wife being the adorable Southern Belle that she is, she would say “well if she wants you, she can have you!” It was all in fun. I remember Paul Walker was also involved in studying Great Whites off Guadalupe.

https://www.sharkdiver.com/paul-walker-at-guadalupe/

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Knockneed Man

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else think he may have planted that gold dust?? Would be pretty cheap to do given their budget and a need to supply something to the viewers (not investors) who’ve watched a whole season or two of nothing being found.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take on this: Cooper had a dowsing rod in the space capsule. LOL Only it was a special one that worked in zero gravity.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed online today that what he thought was a shipwreck near the Bahamas is in fact evidence of extraterrestrial visitation:

Discovery Channel treasure hunter says he?s found evidence of alien visit | Daily Mail Online

Keith I read this. I guess Mikklos thinks we are all gullible. Remember he gets paid $30000 an episode.
This says everything to me. He’ll see Elvis, or Nessie next.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...46i67j33i21.hwb645SuE4E#imgrc=RB9NgrjaODuIfM:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion, there will be a Season 3..... they will be coming back......$$$$

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bas***s Left us hanging. Looks like they will find gold coin(s)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last nights show was the best so far :)

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't read all the replies to this post, but here's what I think...
Our hero will find the juiciest relic/find, that speaks of the cargo of treasure,
and or that solid gold table, and sink the rest of the investors' monies=their time and energy
recovering valuable stuff - gold? maybe....

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I haven't read all the replies to this post, but here's what I think...
Our hero will find the juiciest relic/find, that speaks of the cargo of treasure,
and or that solid gold table, and sink the rest of the investors' monies=their time and energy
recovering valuable stuff - gold? maybe....

You need to read all the posts. They have a permit to search but they can't touch anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread