Coopers Treasures

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA

"I've read no accounts where there has been gold dust on board or the manifest. The usual practice was to melt it down into ingots/bars. "

I haven't read of any, but I'm glad of the knowledge. Thanks.

Now - for the context of Miklos finding authentic gold dust - - - - - - - - - - :laughing7:

I found placer gold and encountered gold dust often at our Jupiter Shipwreck Site. The specific gravity of the gold dust has it seeking the lowest level it can reach during any storm event. In the early days we would be hand fanning and all of a sudden the sun light penetrating ten to 15 feet of water would hit the dust and a warm "glow" would drift away with us wondering, "what was that?"

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just watched season 2, episode 6. (This is the first episode I have seen) It looks to be like the Oak Island show only on the water, ha ha. As has been mentioned, they sure do have some really nice equipment and appear to be well funded. I will follow along just to see what happens as long as episodes are put up on Youtube or Dailymotion. I hope they find something great.

Bill

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched season 2, episode 6. (This is the first episode I have seen) It looks to be like the Oak Island show only on the water, ha ha. As has been mentioned, they sure do have some really nice equipment and appear to be well funded. I will follow along just to see what happens as long as episodes are put up on Youtube or Dailymotion. I hope they find something great.

Bill

Also with the equipment used and trips taken on Oak Island, I can’t even imagine how much money was spent. The one thing I have learned though is these tv channels ( Discovery, History, Science etc) are paying these treasure hunters handsomely ......that’s awesome

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m looking at tonight’s TV guide for Coopers Treasure Discovery Channel at 2100. It reads “ Striking gold. Leading to one of the richest finds in Darell’s career, the team discovers ornate artifacts that indicate the location of a 16th century..........and that’s all I can read. Well let’s hope they find the Motherload tonight.

Last edited:

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw a promo that said on tonight's episode, they find gold and an alien spacecraft. I kid you not. I have to wait until someone posts it up on youtube to see it but...and this was on discovery channel's website too.

Bill

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looks like they found two gold coins. Hardly enough to pay for a $10,000/day expedition. It also looks like they turned the coins over to the govt. Hand fanning the sand is not a good way to excavate. Why don't they use blowers?

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
IF,your talking about the 1715 Spanish fleet (ground zero at Vero beach). Only half of the 12 ships have been located and identified....Also IMO Expedition Unknown is one of the better shows.

Is that true? Urca de Lima is really the only 1715 shipwreck to be identified. It's all guesswork with the rest because no bells or other specific artifacts have been identified as belonging to any specific ship.

Am I wrong?

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
And I absolutely have nothing to do with ANYBODY searching for ANY treasure. I love to read about it. I am a Rescue Diver, with well over 40 years diving experience. Does that make me an expert? No, I learn everyday. I dive as much as I can, usually around the Caribbean I read all I can about treasure/pirates because I think it’s cool as hell. But my friend that told me about having someone else pay you to dive........well he also said “ if you hear the words treasure hunters....... RUN LIKE HELL.....it’s worse than any pirate story. It’s a cutthroat, back stabbing world.

Um...half the people posting on this site are bona-fide treasure hunters, so you definitely are having something to do with them, like it or not. And most of the ones I've met are good people.

The cutthroats I've met are from the elite crowds. Investors & brokers trying to squeeze out the people who do the real work. Can't make a blanket statement about any of them, but definitely more good than bad out on the 1715 fleet for sure. And that's because it's one of the few places where there's still a little bit of incentive without UNESCO-types ruining it for everyone.

THOSE are the real pirates. UNESCO elites. And their actions incentivize the bad kind of treasure hunters you're talking about to be cutthroat.

At the end of the season finale of Cooper's Treasure, Miklos rightly talked about how this whole adventure is really just another stepping stone toward trying to convince the Bahamian government to open things up more. For that reason alone, we should all applaud the achievements of CT, even if you think it's all fiction.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like they found two gold coins. Hardly enough to pay for a $10,000/day expedition. It also looks like they turned the coins over to the govt. Hand fanning the sand is not a good way to excavate. Why don't they use blowers?

Did they ever identify what they coins actually were? I know that they said that they were British, but never saw a good picture of either one of them. Granted, I was kind of channel surfing.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Did they ever identify what they coins actually were? I know that they said that they were British, but never saw a good picture of either one of them. Granted, I was kind of channel surfing.

No, they never showed a closeup and never mentioned the date on the coins. Really disappointing!

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that true? Urca de Lima is really the only 1715 shipwreck to be identified. It's all guesswork with the rest because no bells or other specific artifacts have been identified as belonging to any specific ship.

Am I wrong?

The truth is none have been positively identified.

There's more evidence that shows what the State calls the Urca de Lima (near Pepper Park) isn't the Urca.

Many believe there was a "desire" to create an underwater preserve....

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the end of the season finale of Cooper's Treasure, Miklos rightly talked about how this whole adventure is really just another stepping stone toward trying to convince the Bahamian government to open things up more. For that reason alone, we should all applaud the achievements of CT, even if you think it's all fiction.

You win the fluffy stuffed animal prize!!

Discerning minds can see what "they" were really doing over there. Forget the "TV" aspect, leave egos and pride out of it and then one can realize how Cooper's Treasure could be a benefit to all those that like treasure hunting.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know like CT or not, like Miklos or not, we’re talking about it.......and from what I saw on tv last night I think there will be Season 3. Arrrrbedarrr! Haha

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know like CT or not, like Miklos or not, we’re talking about it.......and from what I saw on tv last night I think there will be Season 3. Arrrrbedarrr! Haha

I agree with you. At first, I thought this Miklos fellow might just be a slick con man but, the more episodes I watched, the more I liked him. It looks like he has a good crew and I feel confident that there will be a season 3. Look how many seasons Oak Island has so far and what did they really find of major value? The money is in the entertainment and ad revenue as far as the TV part goes so, as long as the producers made money, they will be back. I watched the last episode on Youtube this morning and I believe they found more than enough to justify returning to that area, or maybe another site where they, and their investors, will be able to keep what is found. I really do like this show now and I am glad I took the time to find where I could watch it online.

Bill

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Um...half the people posting on this site are bona-fide treasure hunters, so you definitely are having something to do with them, like it or not. And most of the ones I've met are good people.

The cutthroats I've met are from the elite crowds. Investors & brokers trying to squeeze out the people who do the real work. Can't make a blanket statement about any of them, but definitely more good than bad out on the 1715 fleet for sure. And that's because it's one of the few places where there's still a little bit of incentive without UNESCO-types ruining it for everyone.

THOSE are the real pirates. UNESCO elites. And their actions incentivize the bad kind of treasure hunters you're talking about to be cutthroat.

and the lady is right...which for Tammy, is not unusual.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The truth is none have been positively identified.

There's more evidence that shows what the State calls the Urca de Lima (near Pepper Park) isn't the Urca.

Many believe there was a "desire" to create an underwater preserve....

Ah - very interesting. But the preserve really does seem to match the location described in contemporary accounts for the Urca...as I recall. Haven't looked through some of that for a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread