What's new

Copper artifact.

digordie

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Any ideas what this may be?
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130802_222441.webp
    ForumRunner_20130802_222441.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 126
  • ForumRunner_20130802_222456.webp
    ForumRunner_20130802_222456.webp
    57.2 KB · Views: 120
  • ForumRunner_20130802_222509.webp
    ForumRunner_20130802_222509.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0
Looks big to be an ear spool maybe a pendant? :dontknow:
 
Did you find anything else in the area? Coins,buttons,.. ect?
 
Did you find anything else in the area? Coins,buttons,.. ect?

I found the galena artifact I posted earlier in the same area but no coins or buttons. The acid test showed a positive crystaline pattern on this piece.
 
Got me.. Mabey a pendant.
What kind of stone and pottery artifacts have come from there?
It seems like it would have to be an entire village site to be finding all these personal items.. what does your local Historical Society website show for copper artifacts in the area?
If these are Native American artifacts I doubt they are all one of a kind.. there should be documentation.
 
Got me.. Mabey a pendant.
What kind of stone and pottery artifacts have come from there?
It seems like it would have to be an entire village site to be finding all these personal items.. what does your local Historical Society website show for copper artifacts in the area?
If these are Native American artifacts I doubt they are all one of a kind.. there should be documentation.

I have found copper on several diff sights. Here are some pics of stone and pottery in association with the copper sights. I know of one other guy who has found copper around here. Mostly hopwell pieces. People around here don't even think there are any copper artifacts to be found.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130803_110805.webp
    ForumRunner_20130803_110805.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 98
  • ForumRunner_20130803_110828.webp
    ForumRunner_20130803_110828.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 109
I wish you the best.. and hope you find some really cool stuff.
I'm just not sold on those pieces of copper being made by the same people who made that stone projectile point.. have you dated that point?
I really don't want to seem like a Richard but all I'm seeing is European pieces of metal..
I'm not very educated on copper artifacts... but I do know a thing or two about context and direct Association.
I'm thinking more along the lines of a copper gasket.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom