What's new

Copper Coin Spanish ? I think i see a cross ?? Need Help

T Hunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
279
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
This coin was found in an area that dates to the 1600s . Found by my friends small son on his first detecting trip . Can you help us ID this ? Pictures in 2 Post .Thanks
 

Attachments

  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 352
  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 503
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 318
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 316
  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 293
  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 308
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 291
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 316
  • MVC-002S.webp
    MVC-002S.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 277
  • MVC-001S.webp
    MVC-001S.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 298
  • MVC-005S.webp
    MVC-005S.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 299
  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 285
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 294
More pics
 

Attachments

  • MVC-006S.webp
    MVC-006S.webp
    38 KB · Views: 302
  • MVC-007S.webp
    MVC-007S.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 279
  • MVC-008S.webp
    MVC-008S.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 285
  • MVC-009S.webp
    MVC-009S.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0
Pretty sure it's a Virginia Halfpenny. Nice find!
 

Attachments

  • dd1.webp
    dd1.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 300
  • 14724_0018_1_lg.webp
    14724_0018_1_lg.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Pretty sure it's a Virginia Halfpenny. Nice find!

yeap, I knew I had seen that shield on here before :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Pretty sure it's a Virginia Halfpenny. Nice find!

yeap, I knew I had seen that shield on here before :icon_thumright:


Agreed and you are going to see another one shortly! :wink:

Don
 
Upvote 0
Don in SJ said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Pretty sure it's a Virginia Halfpenny. Nice find!

yeap, I knew I had seen that shield on here before :icon_thumright:


Agreed and you are going to see another one shortly! :wink:

Don


I hope you didn't go out and dig all day just to find one so you could ID this... and now I beat you to it. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Only had to hunt two hours to find it and two more hours to figure out what the heck I found! Encrusted in cement like clay... But, it will be presentable soon. ::)
 
Upvote 0
Don in SJ said:
Only had to hunt two hours to find it and two more hours to figure out what the heck I found! Encrusted in cement like clay... But, it will be presentable soon. ::)


You'll be ok, at least with me, I have fairly low copper standards!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom