What's new

Copper ring things that always turn up at old sites...

staydetuned

Full Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
217
Reaction score
136
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Francisco, California
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
and always sound REALLY good. These always seem to turn up at old sites where, if they were a coin that sounded as good as they did, I would be really happy a bit more often. So, in the name of vengeance, I want to finally find out what the purpose of these tricksters is. Does anybody know?
 

Attachments

  • Rings01.webp
    Rings01.webp
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,534
kuger said:
kuger said:
if you scroll down in this post and look at the pic I posted in the upper and lower left side......those were dug just like that.Also see a couple "singles",near the middle :thumbsup:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424602.msg3028578.html#msg3028578


Cru,not looking for anything,just stating timed observation :thumbsup:
Maybe if you did not skim past my worthless comments you would have found this link(posted above)that most certainly does work
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424602.msg3028578.html#msg3028578
In future I will leave it you, & stay well away. It's not worth it.
(I have deleted my unhelpful posts from this thread)
bye.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
kuger said:
if you scroll down in this post and look at the pic I posted in the upper and lower left side......those were dug just like that.Also see a couple "singles",near the middle :thumbsup:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424602.msg3028578.html#msg3028578


Cru,not looking for anything,just stating timed observation :thumbsup:
Maybe if you did not skim past my worthless comments you would have found this link(posted above)that most certainly does work
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424602.msg3028578.html#msg3028578
In future I will leave it you, & stay well away. It's not worth it.
(I have deleted my unhelpful posts from this thread)
bye.

:icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
kuger said:
if you scroll down in this post and look at the pic I posted in the upper and lower left side......those were dug just like that.Also see a couple "singles",near the middle :thumbsup:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424602.msg3028578.html#msg3028578


Cru,not looking for anything,just stating timed observation :thumbsup:
Maybe if you did not skim past my worthless comments you would have found this link(posted above)that most certainly does work
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424602.msg3028578.html#msg3028578
In future I will leave it you, & stay well away. It's not worth it.
(I have deleted my unhelpful posts from this thread)
bye.

Yea,typical,dont leave you binky and blankey. :hello:
:laughing9: you been drinking :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

(Well typical - don't you just hate it when I repeatedly do this) :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
kuger said:
if you scroll down in this post and look at the pic I posted in the upper and lower left side......those were dug just like that.Also see a couple "singles",near the middle :thumbsup:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424602.msg3028578.html#msg3028578


Cru,not looking for anything,just stating timed observation :thumbsup:
Maybe if you did not skim past my worthless comments you would have found this link(posted above)that most certainly does work
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424602.msg3028578.html#msg3028578
In future I will leave it you, & stay well away. It's not worth it.
(I have deleted my unhelpful posts from this thread)
bye.

Yea,typical,dont leave you binky and blankey. :hello:
:laughing9: you been drinking :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

(Well typical - don't you just hate it when I repeatly do this) :laughing9:



I have, if that helps :-\ :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
kuger said:
if you scroll down in this post and look at the pic I posted in the upper and lower left side......those were dug just like that.Also see a couple "singles",near the middle :thumbsup:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424602.msg3028578.html#msg3028578


Cru,not looking for anything,just stating timed observation :thumbsup:
Maybe if you did not skim past my worthless comments you would have found this link(posted above)that most certainly does work
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,424602.msg3028578.html#msg3028578
In future I will leave it you, & stay well away. It's not worth it.
(I have deleted my unhelpful posts from this thread)
bye.

Yea,typical,dont leave you binky and blankey. :hello:
:laughing9: you been drinking :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

(Well typical - don't you just hate it when I repeatly do this) :laughing9:



I have, if that helps :-\ :laughing7:

It all helps on here, I love out of the blue abuse :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
I guess they have lots of uses....I know two things for sure...the ones in question are not 2000 years old,and I have found them intact attached to suspender buckles.I have a daguerreotype of them in use as well,but what do I know?
 
Upvote 0
???

That's because you couldn't distinguish between Copper Rings and Bronze Rings.
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
???

That's because you couldn't distinguish between Copper Rings and Bronze Rings.

:laughing7:very true,very true.We dont find a lot of bronze anything on this side of the pond....I guess thats another thing I know for certain of the rings Jayson posted....they are not bronze
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
???

That's because you couldn't distinguish between Copper Rings and Bronze Rings.

:laughing7:very true,very true.We dont find a lot of bronze anything on this side of the pond....I guess thats another thing I know for certain of the rings Jayson posted....they are not bronze
I was referring to Pete's comments, that was the reason for the arguments, in the link Garabaldi posted a Bronze Ring, not a Copper one, and I think this were this thread has the problems :-\

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
Silver Searcher said:
???

That's because you couldn't distinguish between Copper Rings and Bronze Rings.

:laughing7:very true,very true.We dont find a lot of bronze anything on this side of the pond....I guess thats another thing I know for certain of the rings Jayson posted....they are not bronze
I was referring to Pete's comments, that was the reason for the arguments, in the link Garabaldi posted a Bronze Ring, not a Copper one, and I think this were this thread has the problems :-\

SS

I know :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Just trying to make lite of the silly mess.But will say this none (that means 0,zero) of those type rings ever show up on my colonial type sites.The only time they start showing for me is when I get into the sites that are late 1800's-early 1900's.And as soon as they due all I have to do is look around a little and I start seeing old engine parts rather it be from old tractors,cars,trucks,boats or what have ya.I'm going to leave the copper bronze statement alone.So you can feel good about yourself. :-*
 
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
Just trying to make lite of the silly mess.But will say this none (that means 0,zero) of those type rings ever show up on my colonial type sites.The only time they start showing for me is when I get into the sites that are late 1800's-early 1900's.And as soon as they due all I have to do is look around a little and I start seeing old engine parts rather it be from old tractors,cars,trucks,boats or what have ya.I'm going to leave the copper bronze statement alone.So you can feel good about yourself. :-*

I have no idea why my statement of trying to separate 2 distint types of ring would cause such a fuss. Most of us must know by now that the thin brass ones are more modern & the heavier bronze/copper-alloys ones with the circular cross-section are older. My point about them being 2000 years old clearly doesn't cover the modern flatter copper/brass types (and has nothing to do with the US found examples).

Plus, I made a simple point, that the older types did not have 1 single use, that was all.

What doesn't help this post is the mixture of BOTH types in 1 photo...
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Timekiller said:
Just trying to make lite of the silly mess.But will say this none (that means 0,zero) of those type rings ever show up on my colonial type sites.The only time they start showing for me is when I get into the sites that are late 1800's-early 1900's.And as soon as they due all I have to do is look around a little and I start seeing old engine parts rather it be from old tractors,cars,trucks,boats or what have ya.I'm going to leave the copper bronze statement alone.So you can feel good about yourself. :-*

I have no idea why my statement of trying to separate 2 distint types of ring would cause such a fuss. Most of us must know by now that the thin brass ones are more modern & the heavier bronze/copper-alloys ones with the circular cross-section are older. My point about them being 2000 years old clearly doesn't cover the modern flatter copper/brass types (and has nothing to do with the US found examples).

Plus, I made a simple point, that the older types did not have 1 single use, that was all.

What doesn't help this post is the mixture of BOTH types in 1 photo...
I beleive it was a misunderstanding,on this and hopefully in the past.I will offer an apology :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
Just trying to make lite of the silly mess.But will say this none (that means 0,zero) of those type rings ever show up on my colonial type sites.The only time they start showing for me is when I get into the sites that are late 1800's-early 1900's.And as soon as they due all I have to do is look around a little and I start seeing old engine parts rather it be from old tractors,cars,trucks,boats or what have ya.I'm going to leave the copper bronze statement alone.So you can feel good about yourself. :-*
Why don't you go back and look at the one Garibaldi posted, clearly it was of Bronze with a shamfer-ed inner, the one you showed was flat Copper, from a spark plug, but you tried to be clever...everything goes over your head, you should move to Jamaica and become a limbo dancer :-*
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
CRUSADER said:
Timekiller said:
Just trying to make lite of the silly mess.But will say this none (that means 0,zero) of those type rings ever show up on my colonial type sites.The only time they start showing for me is when I get into the sites that are late 1800's-early 1900's.And as soon as they due all I have to do is look around a little and I start seeing old engine parts rather it be from old tractors,cars,trucks,boats or what have ya.I'm going to leave the copper bronze statement alone.So you can feel good about yourself. :-*

I have no idea why my statement of trying to separate 2 distint types of ring would cause such a fuss. Most of us must know by now that the thin brass ones are more modern & the heavier bronze/copper-alloys ones with the circular cross-section are older. My point about them being 2000 years old clearly doesn't cover the modern flatter copper/brass types (and has nothing to do with the US found examples).

Plus, I made a simple point, that the older types did not have 1 single use, that was all.

What doesn't help this post is the mixture of BOTH types in 1 photo...
I believe it was a misunderstanding,on this and hopefully in the past.I will offer an apology :icon_sunny:
:icon_thumright: Definitely a crossing of wires, & in the past :dontknow: I have no recollection. I have never thought bad of you or said bad. Always thought you a sound chap, that's why I was caught left wing :icon_scratch:
Hopefully we can forget our strange encounter & move on... 8)
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
kuger said:
CRUSADER said:
Timekiller said:
Just trying to make lite of the silly mess.But will say this none (that means 0,zero) of those type rings ever show up on my colonial type sites.The only time they start showing for me is when I get into the sites that are late 1800's-early 1900's.And as soon as they due all I have to do is look around a little and I start seeing old engine parts rather it be from old tractors,cars,trucks,boats or what have ya.I'm going to leave the copper bronze statement alone.So you can feel good about yourself. :-*

I have no idea why my statement of trying to separate 2 distint types of ring would cause such a fuss. Most of us must know by now that the thin brass ones are more modern & the heavier bronze/copper-alloys ones with the circular cross-section are older. My point about them being 2000 years old clearly doesn't cover the modern flatter copper/brass types (and has nothing to do with the US found examples).

Plus, I made a simple point, that the older types did not have 1 single use, that was all.

What doesn't help this post is the mixture of BOTH types in 1 photo...
I believe it was a misunderstanding,on this and hopefully in the past.I will offer an apology :icon_sunny:
:icon_thumright: Definitely a crossing of wires, & in the past :dontknow: I have no recollection. I have never thought bad of you & said bad. Always thought you a sound chap, that's why I was caught left wing :icon_scratch:
Hopefully we can forget our strange encounter & move on... 8)
absolutly!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
Timekiller said:
Just trying to make lite of the silly mess.But will say this none (that means 0,zero) of those type rings ever show up on my colonial type sites.The only time they start showing for me is when I get into the sites that are late 1800's-early 1900's.And as soon as they due all I have to do is look around a little and I start seeing old engine parts rather it be from old tractors,cars,trucks,boats or what have ya.I'm going to leave the copper bronze statement alone.So you can feel good about yourself. :-*
Why don't you go back and look at the one Garibaldi posted, clearly it was of Bronze with a shamfer-ed inner, the one you showed was flat Copper, from a spark plug, but you tried to be clever...everything goes over your head, you should move to Jamaica and become a limbo dancer :-*

ohhh guys, lets not replace 1 make-up for 1 break-up. PLEASEEEEEEEE :coffee2:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom