What's new

Copper token, Brasher repro or counterfeit?

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Any help would be appreciated.

I found these today in a box of halves.
I can't find anything on the Statue of Liberty token - who sold it?

The next is a Brasher Doubloon knockoff - very thin - it sounds like silver but is not real heavy.
Is it a Chinese counerfeit? I can't see "Copy" on it anywhere.

They are both the same diam. as a half dollar.
 

Attachments

  • sol obv.webp
    sol obv.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 464
  • sol rev.webp
    sol rev.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 455
  • brash obv.webp
    brash obv.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 511
  • brash rev.webp
    brash rev.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 541
Not so sure about the maker of the Statue of Liberty Medal/Token. Most likely to commemorate the 100 years of the Statue in 1986 and the rehab of the statue. As for the Brasher try this site. It has some decent information I think.
http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/FAQ/brasher.html


I hope that site works for you. Sorry I could not be of more help. :thumbsup: jgas
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • statue of Liberty machine token.webp
    statue of Liberty machine token.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 530
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Your Brasher Doubloon may be from this Bicentenial set. Scroll down under Famous Presidents. There were other reproductions made so I cant be certain.
http://www.kennedymint.net/wall_dis...+Coins&cat4=1859-1976+Wall+Display+Collection

You will also receive a Crisp Uncirculated $1.00 Silver Certificate, along with an exact reproduction of the “Brasher Doubloon” that was issued prior to the establishment of the Philadelphia Mint.

http://www.kennedymint.net/common/p...all_displays/images/Spirit76_Coins_Collection
 
Upvote 0
Wow!
I think you guys nailed them.
Brasher- modern electrotype and the other a real souvenier!!!

Thank you!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom