Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 1,186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 1,045
Last edited:
I did get a reply today and could send out some pictures. They said it was intriguing brought up the horse thing but agreed it couldn't be part of a harness or other horse tact unless the open end was broken and doesn't appear to be. I did ask them how old they thought it was? The reply was -likely 1000bc - crazy

I would need a closer look, but I still think it did break & heal.

Upvote 0
Quick update I just got a reply from a place in Jerusalem I sent them all the images let's hope they have good news. I'll be sure to give an update if and when I hear back. I'm pretty green when it comes to all this CRU when you say healed does that mean broken and fixed like it originally was? or broken and fixed to maybe serve a different proposes? Or am I way off all together?

Upvote 0
Yeah I don't think this guy is going to hit me back. He said if it was acquired properly with clean provenance he would help I don't even know what it is let alone where it came from. I'll keep trying to figure it out HH all

Upvote 0
Wow he did end up hitting me back here's the email

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0
When I got out of work I thanked him for taking a look and the reply. And asked him his thoughts on date and origin. I think he will respond.

Upvote 0
He did reply nothing concrete something about a moon God cult I'll look into that tonight idk HH

Upvote 0
I should have added it might be near east / moon God cult in origin is what he said but he is not sure

Upvote 0
This I crazy so sent out emails to biblical artifacts dealers and near east artifacts dealers. Did anyone look into this it's really crazy. if no one is interested I'll stop posting I'm getting next to nothing for feed back. i would love some input from likeminded folk I'm getting really frustrated trying to figure this out

Upvote 0
This I crazy so sent out emails to biblical artifacts dealers and near east artifacts dealers. Did anyone look into this it's really crazy. if no one is interested I'll stop posting I'm getting next to nothing for feed back. i would love some input from likeminded folk I'm getting really frustrated trying to figure this out

I've had Ids that have taken years, & normally I ID them whilst I was on the hunt for something completely different.

Upvote 0
Been emailing this guy for over a month said he would have experts look into it and let me know. Even they won't touch it apparently it could be an Oopart idk. I started with the most logical and ended here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0
There are petroglyphs with entities here in Michigan and to the north.
A horned dragon type(Unktehila ?). A water panther ect. that represent a creature that can cause water to roil and drown victims.
Others exist to of course.
Your piece is interesting and reminds me of something else.

stressiswhenLOGO.gif

A PDF shows a few pictures/ideas.....
http://www.midwesternepigraphic.org/The Great Long Tailed Serpent.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's the other side and a top view

Maybe focus on the wear patterns. It looks worn on the high areas of the shaft and spiral both sides indicating to me that it was laid on a flat surface when in use. Maybe it was used by placing a finger or other object in the ringed area and giving it a spin. I to believe that the ring was complete when made due the ring being the same size from the shaft all the way to the break and flat at the breaks and not tapered. JMO.
It does look hand made and old. Just about all artifacts with that spiral patterns were used for spiritual and ceremonial purposes. IDK. Really nice find.

Upvote 0
put a finger or thumb in the half circle and see if it fits in your closed fist. maybe hold it that way and it would be used to mash or hit something with the big end. I don't know, but it's a neat thing

Upvote 0
put a finger or thumb in the half circle and see if it fits in your closed fist. maybe hold it that way and it would be used to mash or hit something with the big end. I don't know, but it's a neat thing

I have check out my first pic that's how it's held no question posts are off set from turning something idk thank you for the reply

Upvote 0
Maybe focus on the wear patterns. It looks worn on the high areas of the shaft and spiral both sides indicating to me that it was laid on a flat surface when in use. Maybe it was used by placing a finger or other object in the ringed area and giving it a spin. I to believe that the ring was complete when made due the ring being the same size from the shaft all the way to the break and flat at the breaks and not tapered. JMO.
It does look hand made and old. Just about all artifacts with that spiral patterns were used for spiritual and ceremonial purposes. IDK. Really nice find.
thanks for the reply but it's not broken those ends are intact and even show signs of wear/use

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 249
Upvote 0
I think it was lost shortly after being made that's why you can still see where it was hammered

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back