copper trail wrap-up

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
With 2015 come and gone here are all the best and some of the better finds from my digging season.
Sadly, the spring was a total loss for me, but rebounded quite well for the past few months to eek out a pretty good pile of finds!
Me and Iron Patch had a few laughs and shared a few high lights on our travels down "the copper trail",our fun theme for this years relic quest!
Lots of buttons! I was happy to find a few Revolutionary War buttons and even a couple from War of 1812! Some others showed up which were great additions to my collection.
I got my coil over some coppers of course! Close to a hundred, many bad, a few good, and even a couple of new ones to keep things interesting!
Silver was a tough find; a pair of sixpences, five fish scales (silver five cent pieces),a wee bit of a colonial silver shoe buckle.
Relics of any fine quality eluded me too. Although I am happy with what I was able to take home.
All in all, a decent 2015, I hope to do just as well in 2016! or better!!

Attachments

• yeb.JPG
    yeb.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 91
  • yem.JPG
    yem.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 97
  • yec.JPG
    yec.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 85
  • yes.JPG
    yes.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 92
  • yer.JPG
    yer.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 12

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
You sure did well for a late start...hope you are able to get out for some Spring hunts..I think we are around the same count for coppers.. Thought you would've hit more relics..

The name of the game was to just keep digging up coppers and the rest of the good stuff would simply fall in place; well the coppers part was almost easy enough but the relics were a tougher feat. My button situation was the same, dig enough flat buttons and some good ones will show their faces. I'm very happy with the buttons and coins for the time I had .
Next season I'm hopeful to get back to some of the more productive places to pick up where we left off and hopefully find some more of the same to make 2016 as memorable.

All the best to you! I know you had a great year, I'm looking forward to seeing your tally!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread