copper trail wrap-up

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
With 2015 come and gone here are all the best and some of the better finds from my digging season.
Sadly, the spring was a total loss for me, but rebounded quite well for the past few months to eek out a pretty good pile of finds!
Me and Iron Patch had a few laughs and shared a few high lights on our travels down "the copper trail",our fun theme for this years relic quest!
Lots of buttons! I was happy to find a few Revolutionary War buttons and even a couple from War of 1812! Some others showed up which were great additions to my collection.
I got my coil over some coppers of course! Close to a hundred, many bad, a few good, and even a couple of new ones to keep things interesting!
Silver was a tough find; a pair of sixpences, five fish scales (silver five cent pieces),a wee bit of a colonial silver shoe buckle.
Relics of any fine quality eluded me too. Although I am happy with what I was able to take home.
All in all, a decent 2015, I hope to do just as well in 2016! or better!!

Attachments

• yeb.JPG
    yeb.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 91
  • yem.JPG
    yem.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 97
  • yec.JPG
    yec.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 85
  • yes.JPG
    yes.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 92
  • yer.JPG
    yer.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 12

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IH,

Pretty good haul for your efforts....thanks for sharing and all the best for 2016.

Regards + HH

Bill

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man IH,
I would hate to see a year you get out alot..
As always, great variety of finds!!
Happy new year, wish you health and Happiness. .

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Man IH,
I would hate to see a year you get out alot..
As always, great variety of finds!!
Happy new year, wish you health and Happiness. .

Thank you Vino!
Although this year wasn't my best, it sure wasn't my worst!
Remind me sometime to send you pics of the year end photos I took about a dozen years ago, they remind me of your pics of recent times!

Happy New Year to you sir!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You even left the M penny and M buttons alone for me to find this year, and I couldn't do it! You got over many coppers as usual, military buttons as usual, and some old silver as usual... but like you say not really an interesting relic, which you usually do. Nothing for me either in that category so that's quite a bit of digging without a cool nit-noid! I guess we'll have to carry that one over into the Spring, where it would be nice to get out 4 or 5 times instead of a single one.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Vino!
Although this year wasn't my best, it sure wasn't my worst!
Remind me sometime to send you pics of the year end photos I took about a dozen years ago, they remind me of your pics of recent times!

Happy New Year to you sir!

haha last night I looked at my 2010 post, and that's what I said... not my best but not my worst... but sure was a pile more targets than these days. Do you actually have year end pics of everything from way back? The 200+, 250+ copper years. I wish I did because my best was about 265 coppers and 1,000+ buttons, including dozens of military.... and that alone was a pretty good pile of finds. That was also back when I could find the old silver so there would also be at least two of those badboys. All that said, the pace we were on this Fall was definitely in range of those early totals.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pile of stuff.
Good luck in 2016....

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you and IP had a great time hopping down the copper trail, and you made some sweet finds as well. Congrats on your finds this year, and good luck in 2016

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You are one dangerous dude with a detector and I'm glad you live far far away from me! It's been an incredible year and I always clicked on your threads with much anticipation this past year.

Much luck in 2016!

Steve

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
You are one dangerous dude with a detector and I'm glad you live far far away from me! It's been an incredible year and I always clicked on your threads with much anticipation this past year.

Much luck in 2016!

Steve

Thanks Steve
If I lived closer it would be a pleasure to get on a hunt with you.
I'll be posting again in a couple of months so stay tuned!

The only danger is for the relics and coins....they will be mine!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Sounds like you and IP had a great time hopping down the copper trail, and you made some sweet finds as well. Congrats on your finds this year, and good luck in 2016

Many thanks J!
Lets say that the copper trail is still unfinished business !

Best of luck to you too!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
You even left the M penny and M buttons alone for me to find this year, and I couldn't do it! You got over many coppers as usual, military buttons as usual, and some old silver as usual... but like you say not really an interesting relic, which you usually do. Nothing for me either in that category so that's quite a bit of digging without a cool nit-noid! I guess we'll have to carry that one over into the Spring, where it would be nice to get out 4 or 5 times instead of a single one.

We missed the pennies and the buttons yes, but that only means they're still out there waiting for us!
New Years resolution , more digging this spring!

And those are the things that I'd like to make "the usual"!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
haha last night I looked at my 2010 post, and that's what I said... not my best but not my worst... but sure was a pile more targets than these days. Do you actually have year end pics of everything from way back? The 200+, 250+ copper years. I wish I did because my best was about 265 coppers and 1,000+ buttons, including dozens of military.... and that alone was a pretty good pile of finds. That was also back when I could find the old silver so there would also be at least two of those badboys. All that said, the pace we were on this Fall was definitely in range of those early totals.

Somewhere on a disc I saved all year end totals with pics!

Yeah, we had some huge piles and a repeat could happen with the same determination I'm sure!

I may yet put a post together with every year !

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^That is a great idea ^^.
For not getting out in the spring you did very well, a hundred copper, and all those buttons (big eye smiley). A good number of military buttons at that. I think I got 1 (that's one) military B.

I'll get a year end up in a day or two.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
^^That is a great idea ^^.
For not getting out in the spring you did very well, a hundred copper, and all those buttons (big eye smiley). A good number of military buttons at that. I think I got 1 (that's one) military B.

I'll get a year end up in a day or two.

The wish is always to do it up bigger and better every year

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somewhere on a disc I saved all year end totals with pics!

Yeah, we had some huge piles and a repeat could happen with the same determination I'm sure!

I may yet put a post together with every year !

My computer is still disk compatible so if you can find them take em along on the day you haul over your coppers for us to look through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread