copper wire stripping machine

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
greenleafbay said:
Were can I buy a copper wire stripping machine at .And what brand is a good macine .I am just doing this scrapping on my own.Can I get one for about $1000.00 Thanks for any help out there.

Maybe not much help for ya, but there are some simplistic ones on Ebay. Not sure how good they are, but was thinking of picking one up myself. One of them is even drill driven, which was kinda neat. I also thing there is a thread about this on the last page or so, IIRC. But I hope someone else chimes in as I am also interested.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silversaddle1 said:
Well we just bought one of the hand crank ones on E-bay. I think it was either 399 or 499, wait, let me go find a link.........
I actually just made a post about my wire stripper less than 15 min ago on another t-net group.
It cost about $100 on feebay and works great. All muscle power.
WIRESTRP.JPG

Here is a link from the guy I bought mine from, boy his price has gone down.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manual-Wire...lectrical_Equipment_Tools&hash=item27c341c959

Attachments

• WIRESTRP.JPG
    WIRESTRP.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 675

bjybjy

Greenie
May 13, 2011
If you are handy you can make something similar to the blue cutter shown yourself. Take a 2x4 and drill holes through it close to the top that are barely larger than the diameter of the wire you want to strip. Take a screw and screw down from the perpendicular side (top side) so that the tip of the screw is just in the hole. Insert your wire, tighten the screw just until the screw tip cuts the sheath of the wire then pull it through. Same principal as the $100 ebay cutter. There are videos on youtube if my description isn't totally clear.

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
cyberdan said:
silversaddle1 said:
Well we just bought one of the hand crank ones on E-bay. I think it was either 399 or 499, wait, let me go find a link.........
I actually just made a post about my wire stripper less than 15 min ago on another t-net group.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manual-Wire...lectrical_Equipment_Tools&hash=item27c341c959

How does it work on Romex? I have a gaggle of that from the demolition auction I went to back in Dec. and wondered if it was good for that. Thanks in advance.

silversaddle1

Dec 11, 2008
Brian B said:
cyberdan said:
silversaddle1 said:

How does it work on Romex? I have a gaggle of that from the demolition auction I went to back in Dec. and wondered if it was good for that. Thanks in advance.

Well good as far as I can tell. It's a two step process with romex. First cut off the jacket, then strip the wire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread