What's new

Costume jewlery?

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today, its been in the ocean for a while. I am assuming its costume jewlery from the 50's or so? But I figured I better ask you guys. The pics didnt turn out the greatest but hopefully good enough to confirm my thought.
 

Attachments

  • costume.webp
    costume.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 265
  • costume2.webp
    costume2.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 247
I always like finding jewelry whether it's the real deal or not. It looks to be topaz, and could be real or faux. I generally do a scratch test on jewelry before taking it to a jeweler. In an inconspicuous place, see if you can scratch (bite scratch) it with a piece of sharp quartz. If not, it could be topaz. What size is it and what is the metal bezel? Neat find, Breezie

Mohs Hardness Scale
Diamond 10
Corundum 9
Topaz 8
Quartz 7
Feldspar 6
Apatite 5
Fluorite 4
Calcite 3
Gypsum 2
Talc 1
 
Upvote 0
Looking at the mount and judging from my past experences it appears to be costume.
DG
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom