What's new

Could this be an atlatl weight?

eppingera

Full Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
124
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
Hi all,

I was browsing the western artifacts.com site, tools and axes page 1, and noticed what they call and atlatl weight, item JFT04, toward the bottom of the page looks very similar to what I found on the bank of he Missouri River last year, except mine is not grooved on one end. Do you think what I found could be a similar item?
 

Attachments

  • image-1645735064.webp
    image-1645735064.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 149
  • image-2680162360.webp
    image-2680162360.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 129
  • image-790087964.webp
    image-790087964.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 135
  • image-671367366.webp
    image-671367366.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 117
  • image-3946467706.webp
    image-3946467706.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 122
  • image-3301660207.webp
    image-3301660207.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
Most atlatl weights were tied on like the one you are talking about, I don't see any sign of where yours could have been tied. JMO I think yours could be natural.
 
Most atlatl weights were tied on like the one you are talking about, I don't see any sign of where yours could have been tied. JMO I think yours could be natural.
Dang and I thought I might have had something!
Thanks!
 
monsterrack is correct, there should be evidence of a provision on there for it to be tied.
 
Yours looks like it could be a water worn fossil bone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom