Erik in NJ
Silver Member
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2010
- Messages
- 4,065
- Reaction score
- 3,043
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- The Garden State
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Counterstruck '49er Large Cent
Found this a couple weeks ago at the same site my buddy and I detected (see post entitled "Epic Hunt..." about a month ago. The post of a recent counterstruck LC made me remember I had this. It's kind of interesting with a triangle that is bisected, with numbers in the upper section and the initials RAM in the lower part. I checked HEAVYMETALNUT's link on counterstrikes and could not find it. I also like it because of the date "1849." Unfortunately, it was struck at least four times by the "striker." Any ideas on what this may have been used for

Found this a couple weeks ago at the same site my buddy and I detected (see post entitled "Epic Hunt..." about a month ago. The post of a recent counterstruck LC made me remember I had this. It's kind of interesting with a triangle that is bisected, with numbers in the upper section and the initials RAM in the lower part. I checked HEAVYMETALNUT's link on counterstrikes and could not find it. I also like it because of the date "1849." Unfortunately, it was struck at least four times by the "striker." Any ideas on what this may have been used for
I don't think that the "Today" in "Today's Finds" was meant to be taken literally 


".... it's nice to know that you think you can bend the rules too
-- sorry, but when it comes to England I know of what I speak -- my wife is British! You may want to cut down on the
there brother
.... I'm not much interested in engaging you in this nonsense! Please don't reply again.
Sent.not to me,I have seen it at least twice on here.I am ready to dig another G.C,I am due 






