What's new

couple of arrow head yesterday

Medina Joe

Full Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2014
Messages
183
Reaction score
219
Golden Thread
0
Location
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I took my son out squirrel hunting. Walking back to the truck we found these 2 beauty's. Always look down when walking through a field. These are from ohio. How common are the black Arrowheads?
IMG_2708.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Headhunters are all like that, always looking at the ground, LOL.Where I live most everything is black or dark obsidian.
 
I find all colors but black on the regular which I like cause they show the flaking very well. I dont find many tans though. 2 nice finds
 
There are a couple of quarries of black chert in Ohio and surrounding states that is found in Ohio, so in the right area it can be very common. Coshocton, Nelli, Zaleski, Kanawha, and some others from NY, Canada, and PA that are found into Ohio.
 
Good finds!! I believe I would be going back.
 
Nice finds..Squirrel hunting would have gone out the window. I know what I would be after.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom