couple of whatzits

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Here are is a few whatzits that I have found of late. The big thing appears to be some sort of medal it has a loop at the top that appears to be for some sort of hanger I think its about 3"x3" seems to be made of copper or brass perhaps, another object looks like a bullet but the bottom is rounded and has some other marks on it along with some letters and numbers, the third thing is very heavy for its size and it in a tear-drop shape I believe it is made of copper thought it may be filled with something else,some have suggested it may be some sort of weight for a cale,I seem to recall seeing something similar in the top of radiators in old cars,when the pressure was high enough it would lift the weight and allow some of the pressure to escape though Im really not certain, I can provide additional pics or more info for description,this is the first time I have posted pics of finds so its really sort of a trial run and feedback would be appreciated,thanks for looking :}

Attachments

• whatzits.jpg
    whatzits.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 276

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
shootist said:
the third thing is very heavy for its size and it in a tear-drop shape I believe it is made of copper thought it may be filled with something else,some have suggested it may be some sort of weight for a cale,I seem to recall seeing something similar in the top of radiators in old cars,when the pressure was high enough it would lift the weight and allow some of the pressure to escape though Im really not certain, I can provide additional pics or more info for description,this is the first time I have posted pics of finds so its really sort of a trial run and feedback would be appreciated,thanks for looking

The third item could be a pressure release weight for either a radiator, steam engine or pressure cooker. If there is a loop or other place to attach a string on the rounded end I would say it is probably a plumb bob, used to set a straight edge for a vertical line when building.

UG009.jpg
t551.jpg
18010576_tp.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread