Covering Ground...My Secret Technique Revealed.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Seasons Greetings Fellow Tnetters,

Well, I thought about withholding this short video, because it reveals a secret technique that I've developed with my SE, while looking for the deepies. Since this is the season of giving, I decided to share it with you. It's quite an effective technique. Learn it, and you will be digging lots of those elusive coins. I've increased my finds since implementing this method. Remember to just key in on the tones of your machine, whatever direction you are swinging. And never raise your coil off the ground while searching. I didn't find that elusive silver on this vid, but it's the technique on covering ground that will build your stamina and get you finding double-digit oldies whenever you go out da'tecting.

Good luck,
CAPTN SE
Dan

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w259/goldenapples78/movies/?action=view&current=MVI_1189.flv

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Do you know what, I have that same technique when hunting the Colonial fields. :) I can easily cover ground and find a lot of coins. It does take a lot of arm strength though. But, that is probably why you and I can do it...we have some "tough guns."

Thanks for revealing your secret, Dan. You are a great asset to the metal detecting hobby.

BDD...Kirk

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
ok dont all bash on the stupid new guy for asking this

th epinpointer your using is what and it is it a stand alone type deal on your belt or plugged into your detector somehow???

dan

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
xdanthemanx said:
ok dont all bash on the stupid new guy for asking this

th epinpointer your using is what and it is it a stand alone type deal on your belt or plugged into your detector somehow???

dan

It is a stick with a magnet on the end. He has a white casing around it to make it look professional. :D ;D

BDD...Kirk

P.S. It is a Sunray probe.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda' like dancing with the stars...but with a detecta' instead of a woman. Pretty neat video Dan.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Kinda like the legend of drunken master.....interesting...............

Can I call it the drunk silver tango ?? I'm gonna give it a try next time, it's REALLY hard to argue with your numbers.

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
gold fish said:

Can I call it the drunk silver tango ?? I'm gonna give it a try next time, it's REALLY hard to argue with your numbers.

Thata boy! :D ;D

BDD...Kirk

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you sat on some fire ants Dan. ;D
Do you have a video with a Tesoro too? ;)
-MM-

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one hell of a square dance there Bud! Great Video Dan! ;)

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Yo, Dan, your form is just like mine. Now, folks, you know how the true professionals swing a datecta.

Bone Dry Detecting...KylePA

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Dan----[How many cups of coffee?] ;D ;D

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Be sure to drink 2 gallons of coffee to be sure you do it right. He looked like he was moving at 78 speed lol. ;)

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
SAWEET technic !! I wonder if John Madden commentary would help find more old silver :-\

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
There is NO way you have found all those coins using that technique!!!! Everyone knows you have to swing the Explorer SLOWWWWWWW to find anything good.! :D ;D

Man I wouldn't last an hour detecting like that with the Beast, the Deleon yeah, but not the Beast.

Cap you the man!

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I like to go MD'ing to relax, I'm not that hyper when I'm out of control. ;D
Think of the money saved not having to workout at the gym. Just kidding.
If it works for ya', great. Good hunting.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold fish said:

I'll second that motion...
Wow, at first I thought you were joking and I was trying to figure out exactly what technique it is that he was using.
Then I think I figured it out. He is busting those coins out because he is not just moving in one direction, but going back over the
same ground until he gets a signal. He is definately very animated and I think that technique will keep most people from bothering to
ask..."Find Anything".
Great video. Sorry, I am not making fun of the video, it is just very comical to see Dan move like that.
I have watched it over and over and still get the same chuckle.
If it is bringing you more coins, by all means keep on keepin on!
Thanks for letting your secret out of the Bag Captn.
HH
Rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread