THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I will be putting this View attachment 2147856
In these
View attachment 2147857

I was asked... you heavily modified the gun so what if one ruptures in the gun?

HMMMMMMMMMMM.....

I can see a lot of not right going on there.
Having dealt with spraying skunk up close ,(boots stunk for months despite my spraying them with disinfectant often) and skunk scent in a bottle for hunting ....I'd dodge the whole deal.

A syringe might work good if you hose clamp a piece of innertube (circle cut out of a tube maybe) over the bottleneck. Save spilling it ; or dropping a pipette or eyedropper.

i may not want to know your purpose... But glycerin can dilute that nasty stuff. Stretching the budget and increasing the volume of loaded rounds .
Glycerin in the right amount reduces freezing's effect. By testing one very well secured ball in event of leak/burst in the freezer you might come up with a way to store them when not in use.
And depending on your equipment , frozen paintballs have been used in other equipment.
Might save having a funky smelling paintball gun...

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loading pepper is easy although this stuff burns your hands! I think I will try a less volatile liquid first.

100_5078.JPG

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning all!

A few days ago I was messing around in the garage and a hummingbird flew in there with me. He looked at the red handle on the garage door for a moment, then flew over directly in front of my face and hovered there scolding me noisily for a second or two, then flew off. I took it to mean he wanted me to put out the hummingbird feeders. So I did. He seems much happier now.
IMG_4489.jpeg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning all!

A few days ago I was messing around in the garage and a hummingbird flew in there with me. He looked at the red handle on the garage door for a moment, then flew over directly in front of my face and hovered there scolding me noisily for a second or two, then flew off. I took it to mean he wanted me to put out the hummingbird feeders. So I did. He seems much happier now.
View attachment 2147903
They let us know if the feeders are empty here too!

Hadn't a thought about a hummingbird when I took a red lantern out on the ramp to work on.
I managed to retain possession of it ; but it was almost doubtful for a moment...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Mrs came in and told me we might of lost a chick already.
It got out of the room somehow during the night. :dontknow:
It was cold in my hand, but it beak moved every minute.
Couldn't even detect if it was breathing.
It was a 2hr holding right at the wire guard of the heat lamp.
Turning it every few minutes.
Putting water drops on the side of the beak after each turn.
(sounds like I was basting it at Thanksgiving 🤣)

It stretched, moved, opened it's eye, finally, so I stuck the beak right in the water.
Well that woke it up, then it fell asleep again, drooping head.

Another water boarding event, okay 👍.
I guess it had enough of me try to extract the deep secrets, so started chirping.

Seems the temperature dropped 20F in the broader, because of drafts in the barn.
So I put a big circle of aluminum roll stock in a circle. Enclosed half with a sheet of plywood. 98F now on the last check.
9 out of 10 chicks were flat out 💤.
Will check every 1/2 hr now to make sure the weak one gets water and gets it's strength back up.
Close call for the little thing.

I know the question of this PM will be....
Did you get all the sanding done? 🤣

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Afternoon Pirates!!! Another glorious sunny day here! 😎 mr woo spent our lunch break sun bathing 😎.. but the little stinker hasnt asked for a bath in over a week🙄… he is defo a boy 😂 xx

Talking of stinky boys.. himself went out yesterday checking the woods on the estate.. and he found another potentially good field tucked away outside a village.. it has a stream running thru it and is nice and flat… oooh the new field excitement is real!!! 😆 xx

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It stretched, moved, opened it's eye, finally, so I stuck the beak right in the water.
Well that woke it up, then it fell asleep again, drooping head.

Another water boarding event, okay 👍.
I guess it had enough of me try to extract the deep secrets, so started chirping.
That is awesome. A very close call, and lucky that you got there in time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread