236 KB · Views: 107

pebble

Apr 25, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
TM808, Arc geo logger
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a sign that is an outline of a cows head, I would like to know what that means. Pebble

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello pebble, this just a guess but there are two things that you must have to figger things out, distance and direction, head usually indicate direction, measurement sometime is tricky, if its on the side of a boulder, measure from the ground to the top, if it lays flat measure the boulder, if its a true Spanish symbol then there will be a minimum of two just to verify it as being a symbol, if the boulder has features then it could work for one. Photo would help

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
This could reference direction's forward and reverse, my guess is that it could be a trail marker, I would try 189.5 feet ( cordell) walking cow could indicate 33 inch pace, could be a foot print on the side, I have found that letters represent numbers or VL = 5 50 roman numerals usually or sometimes it could = grams 455 grams = I pound generally reserved for the weight of a bar.

pebble

Apr 25, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
TM808, Arc geo logger
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
dsty,, Thanks for your post on the outline of the cow's head it is carved on a tree, and is about 6 feet from the ground. It is in an area with more signs. In the area I have a tree that the top limb has been shaped in a circle which is about 25 feet above the ground and is horizontal with the ground, about 7 feet in diameter. I have tried to post the photo of the tree have not been able to. If you would like to pm me you email address I can email the photos to you.
Thank you, Pebble

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty,, Thanks for your post on the outline of the cow's head it is carved on a tree, and is about 6 feet from the ground. It is in an area with more signs. In the area I have a tree that the top limb has been shaped in a circle which is about 25 feet above the ground and is horizontal with the ground, about 7 feet in diameter. I have tried to post the photo of the tree have not been able to. If you would like to pm me you email address I can email the photos to you.
Thank you, Pebble

Sounds interesting. What happens when you try to upload your pics?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread