What's new

Cracking the Code on the Lost Dutchman Mine

I read that the LDM was found and renamed the Bulldog Mine. It was worked for decades and then closed and sealed. So why is everyone still looking for it?

Because that Mine IS NOT the LDM. I believe that was proven many moons ago.

SpartanOC
 
That's a beautiful photo! Just so you know, the mine entrance faces mostly west, it's behind where the "on" in "is on the other side" of your phrase.
How hard was it to get to that location? Did you see a way down and up across?
Jason, glad you like the photo and thank you for your question. On the trip when I took the photo, we were camped in Upper La Barge Canyon, not far from Brads Water. From our camp we hiked south to a little valley referred to as Miller Basin by a local rancher. We found a moderate route to the top of the east flank of Coffee Flat Mountain and then to a small flat area where I took the photo looking south. This was in December 2013. I don't believe there is a reasonable route from where I took the photo to your LDM saddle.

Recently, I was passing by Reeds Water and took the following photos of your area. Based on your identifications on your photo on page 71 of your book I labeled my second photo with Lost Dutchman Mine and Mexican Mine.
Jason's LDM area.webp

Jason's LDM area crop a.webp

Steve Bowser
 
wow! I should have hired you to take the photos! :) How was the hike for you? Did you climb up that last hill towards the saddle?

**EDIT** also, did you take what I called the "trick in the trail"? Did you find the little bench rock? If not, how did you get there?
 
Last edited:
Because that Mine IS NOT the LDM. I believe that was proven many moons ago.

SpartanOC
Hey, I don't know anything about the LDM. I just was reading all this stuff & did a search on the net. They said it was found and renamed, mined out & shut down. That was all over the place in every search. From a layman's perspective it seems a lot of people have searched a lot of years in a fairly small area.......
 
Hey, I don't know anything about the LDM. I just was reading all this stuff & did a search on the net. They said it was found and renamed, mined out & shut down. That was all over the place in every search. From a layman's perspective it seems a lot of people have searched a lot of years in a fairly small area.......
Newnan man

Most of the Supes have been searched per se - for the LDM. No worries, I wasn't harping on you, just pointing out, that what you've stated has been stated many times, but others have not shown proof of their statements. The LDM is still untouched and it will be in an area that shouldn't have gold occurring. I believe it's been passed by, by many a Dutch Hunter. If you just go with the earliest clues, you'll end up in the right direction. I have my personal theories of where it's at and have been at that said location. It is a promising location, as scans say there's gold there. Is it the LDM, I can't confirm that, but the area does fit the story AND the clues. Start with P.C. Bicknell's articles plus check out the Bark's Notes, as they give sounds clues.

SpartanOC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom