I often play the part of the old and feeble, especially in stores. They always take me seriously.
*This weekend I was in a store when I passed a fire extinguisher hanging on the wall. I looked at the inspection tag and asked a sales person walking by how much they were.
* Last week I was in a department store. Rather then stand around waiting for my wife, I sat on a mock bed that displayed quilts. It had a nite stand next to it and a few books on the end table that were props. I started reading one as I waited. Got into it a bit. So I asked a sales men if I could buy the book. He called the manager.. Manager said definitely not that it was a prop. So I asked him if he knew if the book had a security tag inside. He got flustred.
*Paying at the check out I point to the Godiva Chocolate bars and say to my wife, “ Look , they still have the complimentary chocolate bars.” To which the clerk bluntly replies, “Their not complimentary. You have to pay for it.” OH, i always thought they were complementary.” I reply.
Gee. I wonder if this is some kind of mental disorder. I actually do stuff like this quite a lot. My wife is use to it.