credit unions?

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm part of a credit union, and it can be sometimes tricky. From my experience, they tend to be a little more discreet to whom they do business with. I've never been able to get a roll of coins without first giving an account number and identification.

Just my 2 cents worth.

As a side note... I went to the 'corporate' branch of my credit union recently to get some nickels. They have a coin counting machine... you can't turn in loose coins in any branch of this credit union, only the corporate one with the counter. So, logic tells me that they also roll them there from the machine. Turns out, they only bag them, then ship them off. They don't have ANY rolls.. other than the one or two they keep for correct change.

How strange is that? I wonder who they give the bags to?

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
When I first started CRH I included CUs in my regular bank rounds. They did sell me their accumulation of halves but would always try to get me to join. I think that those coins must have been accumulating for quite a while since they haven't had anywhere near those numbers since. Down from hundreds of dollars to 2 or 3. Maybe its because they had had them for so long, that they were happy to sell them to a non-member.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever I have gone to credit unions in the past they have always turned me down.

I even had one bank say that they had lots of rolls of halves, but since I wasn't a member I was limited to getting just one from them. That one roll produced two silver...... if the bank hadn't been over two hours from me I would have joined just to come back another day and get the halves. Oh well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread