What's new

Creek find

choo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
833
Reaction score
2,489
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some creek hunting yesterday didn't find much I did find this piece it is made out of cochocton flint I don't know if it is anything but it looks to have some edge flaking on it I was thinking a scraping tool but not sure what do you guys think it is!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    109.9 KB · Views: 129
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    282.4 KB · Views: 115
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    120.4 KB · Views: 102
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    129.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    184.4 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
Interesting shape not really sure myself.
 
I'd say it's probably a large spokeshave type tool with some damage
 
Looks like it may have been worked, but for what?
 
Is it broke on both ends? I find unusual flaked stuff in my creek too and keep them. Some even the archeologists here have no clue what they might have been, but they all agree they were flaked. I keep hoping the pieces that are broken off will turn up.
 
I don't know if it is broke or not because it looks like it has been in the creek for a while! It has a interesting shape I have a lot of spoke shaves I think Gatorboy is right that it is a spoke shave tool I have other spoke shaves that look similar though!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom