What's new

Creek walk today

dsmikle

Full Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
176
Reaction score
726
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a couple at first spot this morning.
Had to go over top of boots to get to the point just above knee water still very cold.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1583080758.139178.webp
 
Upvote 0
I did not mind to much
 
What exactly do yo call those scraper things, I’ve got one just like it in black
 
Good job I hope to find some this year for some reason they are very elusive around here Well done
 
Nice finds. Congratulations
 
Beautiful finds!
dts
 
Thanks, Tdog I had not had time to answer. Good answer also. I like it when you can tell the tool/scraper was customized to fit a individuals hand and palm if large enough or fore finger and thumb when smaller.
 
Like this one you know it was specially made like that for comfort and ease of use.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1583113887.810238.webp
 
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1583114456.852736.webp

I’ve got 3 all made the same way, I was curious if they could be assigned to a specific culture. Or had a certain name. Uniface is better than me just calling them “scrapers”

I was also curious if you are anywhere near se Kansas

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1583114692.635553.webp

I found a similar point in the same area as I found the black one

Maybe same group occupied your area and mine

You def got the better point haha
 
Last edited:
It is my understanding that they were made and used from earliest times to latest.
 
Southwest Missouri Springfield is about 30 minutes west of me
 
I believe you are right Tdog. I think some get misidentified as scrapers that are actually preforms or large blades. Generally I call the blanks or preforms when there is only percussion flaking done and no working straight edge.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom