CRH helps put a smile on Moms face...

mysterio

Apr 12, 2006
CRH helps put a smile on Mom's face...

Hello all- I am a CRH but lurk here mostly. My Dad passed a couple of weeks ago and I took my Mom out today for lunch and some shopping. On the way home, I passed a BOA and said "let me see if they have any halves". I didn't hold out much hope but the teller said "We have $44 worth"...I took them all and then started to pick through them...after seeing the first one in the roll was silver, I handed it to my Mom and told her to take them out of the roll, 1 by 1 and tell me the dates...she was thrilled when we pulled out 33 40%'s. It was good to see a smile on her face and some enthusiasm come into her voice. I may have created my own competition but it's all good. Crazy how this hobby can bring joy in unexpected ways. Good luck and HH.

Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Re: CRH helps put a smile on Mom's face...

Nice story. Thanks.

I'm sorry about your loss, but glad that you can still see the joy in life. =)

~Dave

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

mysterio said:
Hello all- I am a CRH but lurk here mostly. My Dad passed a couple of weeks ago and I took my Mom out today for lunch and some shopping. On the way home, I passed a BOA and said "let me see if they have any halves". I didn't hold out much hope but the teller said "We have $44 worth"...I took them all and then started to pick through them...after seeing the first one in the roll was silver, I handed it to my Mom and told her to take them out of the roll, 1 by 1 and tell me the dates...she was thrilled when we pulled out 33 40%'s. It was good to see a smile on her face and some enthusiasm come into her voice. I may have created my own competition but it's all good. Crazy how this hobby can bring joy in unexpected ways. Good luck and HH.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Glad your mom is holding up. My dad passed away last year and my mom is still quite torn up about it (they were married for 45 years). She likes to listen to my CRHing tales but so far I have not been able to get her into the hobby.

I wish you and your mom strength to deal with such a loss.

Jim

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

sorry to hear about your dad....gonna have to spend more time with mom...just to keep her mind off it and show her that there are still things out there to make you smile even when your worst fears have been realized...good luck...will put mom in my prayers.... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread