CRH silver

No flipping out necessary. Most coins found through CRH are not likely to be sold for numismatic value. However, if you get a coin that may be worth more than silver value then cleaning will bring this value down. This is mostly true for any coin that you may consider getting graded. It has less of an impact if you plan to resell as junk silver for silver value.

There yours do what you want. But anything that looks very good don't clean. Look it up first.

Depends...
I usually clean a few stacks of silver real good with baking soda. Just the nature of humans- they tend to like (and pay more) for a super shinny object than a dirty, tarnished nearly black coin. Never clean a coin that has a numismatic or gradeable quality like a morgan or walker etc..!
But there is no reason not to clean an aveage JFK 40%er for the purpose of display or sell- just don't try to pass it off as anything it is not. PEACE

I like mine to be all pretty... I soak em in lemon juice and use an eraser... None of mine will have value over face/silver content so I just want nice stacks of clean ones....

I like mine to be all pretty... I soak em in lemon juice and use an eraser... None of mine will have value over face/silver content so I just want nice stacks of clean ones....

Lot of work for nothing. Go to KMart or Wally World and get the Silver Cleaner. Put the coins in the tray, dip in solution and rinse off. Perfectly spotless everytime, no fuss no muss.......

Lot of work for nothing. Go to KMart or Wally World and get the Silver Cleaner. Put the coins in the tray, dip in solution and rinse off. Perfectly spotless everytime, no fuss no muss.......

It removes a layer of silver. Use baking soda, it does not remove the silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back