What's new

CRH virgin no longer

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2009
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
1,100
Golden Thread
0
Location
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the metal detecting bug BAD for about a month now...naturally we go through the longest consecutive days of below freezing that I ever remember here in good ol' Arkansas. 20-something days, many nights in the single digits and highs in the teens. So I decide to do a little CRH'ing to maybe pacify me a bit until the ground thaws (it did today FINALLY...but now its raining) >:(. But, did find a lonely '43-P merc before I got washed out. :icon_thumright: Anyway, I went to either 15 or 16 banks in 3 nearby towns and found a grand total of $12.50 in loose halves - all skunks. None had any "big" dollars. Didn't ask about ordering any. At the last bank since it was near closing time I bought a $100 assortment of quarters ($30), dimes ($50), and nickels ($20) and a $25 box of pennies. Quarters, dimes and nickels were all skunks. Found a WHOPPING 4 wheaties (all in the '50s) in the penny box. I also kept one other - a '60-D memorial that looks like it must have been recently plucked from a mint set. The collector in me made me keep that one. I did keep the coppers. I won't do enough pennies to accumulate much of a copper "hoard", but maybe some of the copper hoarders here might want to trade for silver? Not the start I was dreaming about to say the least.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom