CRISPINS CRITTERS

Scott he doesn't like sushi, but I make up for that. Last night was insane...... I couldn't sleep ( what's new?) at 0250 my wife busts out of the bedroom and I'm watching tv, she says "an animal is dying outside our window " HUH???? I grabbed my flashlight went outback, 11 y/o grabbed my arm " I don't want you out there poppa" and about an hour later I saw it, screaming in the tree....... a darn bobcat!!!!!!! Oh yes I gave it space and finally dozed off....... hehe! Have you ever heard a bobcat scream? SCARY...... for an 11 y/o. Haha

I experienced Bobcat noises this summer for the first time. We have one on our property where we camp. To give you an idea, the closest house is about a half mile from where we camp, other than that? There is nothing for a few miles. Not real remote, but good enough to have a thousand acres or so around with no people.

We camp up there with no fire or lights most nights. We have flashlights handy, but would much rather sit and talk in the moonlight. We sleep in a back of a truck with some blankets. We don't use a tent right now, just because it's much easier to keep track of our son. He is so curious and really has no fear! You give him a chance he will run straight in the woods in pitch dark!!!! He listens pretty good but is lightening fast!!!

Anyhow, middle of the night, her and I are sitting behind the truck in the dark....And something screamed in the woods, Like it was fighting or warning something! We tripped over each other trying to get in the back of the truck!!!!!!!! :laughing7: Had know idea what it was until I got home and looked up videos on youtube. It was a bobcat for sure. We got to see it the last time up there.

That was on one of our first trips up. We were jumping at every noise. Now? We just sit and listen and got over the fear. I camped a lot in Ohio, When you change areas? It's all new noises.

We also heard a growl? type noise that was deep and airy(if that makes sense) it was big! You could hear the air behind it. They tell us there are no bears in that area, but I'm not so sure. I've heard dear scream and grunt, but this noise was something I've never heard in the woods. Her first words were..."thats a bear"!

Last edited:
Dram now where I say where are ya son? That's said in my best Foghorn Leghorn speak......... hehe

Dram now where I say where are ya son? That's said in my best Foghorn Leghorn speak......... hehe

He was one of the first people I met on this site. I haven't seen him post in a while, or if he did I missed it.

I did play a joke on him on Ebay a while back! I started asking him stupid questions about something he was selling. Then waited awhile and came on here and finally told him it was me.:laughing7:

Haha good one. Yeah I haven't heard from him in awhile. Got to poke him in the ribs now and then. He's probably cutting firewood for the winter

I experienced Bobcat noises this summer for the first time. We have one on our property where we camp. To give you an idea, the closest house is about a half mile from where we camp, other than that? There is nothing for a few miles. Not real remote, but good enough to have a thousand acres or so around with no people.

We camp up there with no fire or lights most nights. We have flashlights handy, but would much rather sit and talk in the moonlight. We sleep in a back of a truck with some blankets. We don't use a tent right now, just because it's much easier to keep track of our son. He is so curious and really has no fear! You give him a chance he will run straight in the woods in pitch dark!!!! He listens pretty good but is lightening fast!!!

Anyhow, middle of the night, her and I are sitting behind the truck in the dark....And something screamed in the woods, Like it was fighting or warning something! We tripped over each other trying to get in the back of the truck!!!!!!!! :laughing7: Had know idea what it was until I got home and looked up videos on youtube. It was a bobcat for sure. We got to see it the last time up there.

That was on one of our first trips up. We were jumping at every noise. Now? We just sit and listen and got over the fear. I camped a lot in Ohio, When you change areas? It's all new noises.

We also heard a growl? type noise that was deep and airy(if that makes sense) it was big! You could hear the air behind it. They tell us there are no bears in that area, but I'm not so sure. I've heard dear scream and grunt, but this noise was something I've never heard in the woods. Her first words were..."thats a bear"!

Here ya go Nitric!

Here ya go Nitric!

HAHA Yes!! Were a little rougher than that though! hahaha...I'll take quiet over city noise any day!!!

Heck!! One of those wipperwills(spelling) came up in a tree almost every night behind us....I yelled as a joke one night..."Shut up!! I have a shotgun for you!!!"

Last edited:
Joke of the day -- A group of Americans was touring Ireland. One of the women in the group was constantly complaining. The bus seats are uncomfortable. The food is terrible. It's too hot. It's too cold. The accommodations are awful.

The group arrived at the site of the famous Blarney Stone. "Good luck will be followin' ya all your days if you kiss the Blarney Stone," the guide said. "Unfortunately, it's being cleaned today and so no one will be able to kiss it. Perhaps we can come back tomorrow."

"We can't be here tomorrow," the nasty woman shouted. "We have some other boring tour to go on. So I guess we can't kiss the stupid stone."

"Well now," the guide replied, "it is said that if you kiss someone who has kissed the stone, you'll have the same good fortune."

"And I suppose you've kissed the stone," the woman scoffed.

"No, ma'am," the frustrated guide said, "but I've sat on it.

Thanks Uncle Bill. Hey Uncle Bill, did you garden this year? If so what'ya growing?

2GF,
Yeah the garden's in and we have a bit of everything this is about 30 years in a row now. Yellow beans, tomatoes, herbs, garlic as well as quite a lot of berries I'll try to get up some pictures a bit later.

Thanks for asking.

Regards + HH

Bill

Joke of the day -- A group of Americans was touring Ireland. One of the women in the group was constantly complaining. The bus seats are uncomfortable. The food is terrible. It's too hot. It's too cold. The accommodations are awful.

The group arrived at the site of the famous Blarney Stone. "Good luck will be followin' ya all your days if you kiss the Blarney Stone," the guide said. "Unfortunately, it's being cleaned today and so no one will be able to kiss it. Perhaps we can come back tomorrow."

"We can't be here tomorrow," the nasty woman shouted. "We have some other boring tour to go on. So I guess we can't kiss the stupid stone."

"Well now," the guide replied, "it is said that if you kiss someone who has kissed the stone, you'll have the same good fortune."

"And I suppose you've kissed the stone," the woman scoffed.

"No, ma'am," the frustrated guide said, "but I've sat on it.

An Irishman recently arrived to these shores went to a baseball game.
Caught up in the crowds cheers of " runnnn" when some one headed for first , he cheered "runnnn" loudly when a batter had had four balls and started walking for first.

A sympathetic spectator seated near him knew he was new to the sport and discreetly leaned in to tell him ," he don't need to run with four balls".

The Irishman thought a moment then stood up to cheer " Walk with pride Laddie,walk with pride!".

2GF,

As promised here are some pictures of our gardening efforts.

I have 4 other pictures but I was given a message that the file was to large to upload I'll see if I can sneak in some more later.

In any event along the fence on the right the first plant is a black raspberry and behind that several red currant bushes and some more along the back fence we made something like 25 8 ounce jars of jelly with them this season.

In the front to the left of the berries are yellow bush beans and some swiss chard and behind in 3 different boxes we have 19 tomato plants which are starting to produce.

2GF,
Yeah the garden's in and we have a bit of everything this is about 30 years in a row now. Yellow beans, tomatoes, herbs, garlic as well as quite a lot of berries I'll try to get up some pictures a bit later.

Thanks for asking.

Regards + HH

Bill

Attachments

• DSC02436.JPG
    DSC02436.JPG
    676 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back