CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

Good luck hopefully you can work something out.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks, Bill.
I feel confident in my ability to help and I have a strong pool of academic asset resources ready to lend assistance should I call upon them.
I am also certain that I can find governmental assistance via a personal contact with a Congressman and Senator.

I will do what I can.

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of more Service Ribbon Tats this Saturday.
Relax, y'all. Only 6 or more to go....
Then, Medals.
On my chest....

Scott

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott. I have a rack of approximately 46 medals ( that’s not counting repeats) I sure the heck am not getting that as a tattoo.... haha

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2GF,

Heck if you had tattoos of all those if you're boat went under with all the puncture wounds from the tats you'd probably sink...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

To my mind one of the better blues type singers today.

Beth Hart + Jeff Beck performing Purple Rain.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ya think? I’m also working on my Kirby Morgan 17B. So if you dive a KM 17B correctly, you should have a bailout bottle for safety. You can conceivably dive the helmet with just the bailout as a primary. Years ago I was diving in the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa New Mexico, and a commercial diver swam past us in this configuration.

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES........ I own my KM 17B, but I don’t own a KMACS or air compressor...... We have other ways. ....... hehe

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott. I have a rack of approximately 46 medals ( that’s not counting repeats) I sure the heck am not getting that as a tattoo.... haha

2GF,

I have found that if a Vet only has one medal or a hundred, their service to America is invaluable.
They have chosen to give for their fellow Americans. They have pledged their life to Protect, Defend and Honor those whom have also made the choice.....

Today's Military is 100% Volunteer and I will continue to be the first to volunteer for the same reasons that I did over 40 years ago.

I may not be a "Special Forces" member, a "Seal Team" member or even a "Green Beret" member, but, just as those who served as cooks, mechanics in motor pool or any other "behind the scenes" positions, we know that they are needed and appreciated. Because, if not for the contributions of the individual, the whole could not function.

I have decided to get a few tattoos to reflect my service.
It is not to "brag."
It is to remind ME of what I believe in.
Who I am and why I love the United States.

If one truly knows the meaning of, "I got your back, Brother,"
They are surely a fellow Vet.

Be Well, My Brother!

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have scheduled a 12:30 appointment tomorrow for a couple more service ribbon tats....
Yeah, I'll take a newspaper to read.
After I stop at the Post Office to send off some coins that were agreed to in a swap.
One in Texas, another in Arizona.
Still working with the fellows in Belgium, France and Great Britain....

I got about another 25 coins from a Friend from Spain from the 1500-1600's,
found in a farmer's field while plowing, and they will be cleaned this weekend....
A fellow from work, who gave me a whole baggie of foreign coins,
was interested in the early Spanish coins after I showed him my recent acquisition.
(I told y'all that word of my coin collecting was spreading at work)
I just ordered another 25 for him.
---------------------
Today, I became aware of a jack that needed a riser replacement.
Kipp said, "Tristan, you can do the work. right?"
Tristan looked at me, I smiled at him and he said, "Sure!"
I guess that my confidence is having an effect....
Well, Kipp left for the day and Tristan needed my help.
So, I provided guidance and knowledge.

I showed him little tricks that I know concerning tools and things that I have learned by doing the same job myself and we got the job done. :thumbsup:
-----------------
Sunday, I'm thinking of going shooting.

A borrowed wheel that belongs to my Landlord that was his Grandfather's that he wore as a Bank President years ago....
A Colt .38.

IMG_1962.JPG

It's supposed to be warm on Sunday and I'll take the Colt, my Landlord's Taurus .45 wheel, my .9mm and some other weapons and give hell to some targets!

Hope all have a GREAT WEEKEND!

Best,

Scott

Time to go check on the girls and make sure that they have enough food and fresh water.....

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just 'cause this is how I'm feeling tonight.....

I've been so low that I've considered the unthinkable...
..A rainy night....A pistol in my mouth.....my finger on the trigger....
Asking not why, but why not.....

.looking for a place to do it....
I cried as I called my Mom....

And, some days, I was the Boss of the world!

Now, I just hope that I can help another and we both make it to tomorrow....

Veterans are statistically more likely to commit suicide than any other socio-economic group.
Does the pain ever stop?

I have chosen to dedicate myself to reducing that number.
Because I know.....

If we need to talk about it, PM me. OK?
I understand.....

Hope all are winning!

Scott

Hey!
What's going on?

For my Friends; Bill, 2GF and RC....
Yes, I'm tuning up my guitar.....

Time to hit some tunes!

My strings are still righteous, no matter how much that I stretch them.
I'm still thankful to play music....

My Mom told me.....

Her words told me that I have goals yet to achieve.
I'm not yet done in this world.....
I have miles yet to ride.....

"Scott, You will be a Friend to many.
First, you must be a friend to yourself."

I still remember her words...And hope that you are my Friend....
All of my life has been on a long and lonesome highway....

Moving on, from town to town....
On my own...
All alone.....

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott, I never did anything for a medal......I served my fellow man for 30 years, not 3 not 4, 30. I just wanted to share some of my accomplishments.....I’ve lived by a credo I learned in scuba school. “Never leave your dive buddy” I taught my son and grandsons this. I served 9 months in Desert Shield/Storm. I was home 3 weeks and given orders to Korea. I would once again be gone for 19 months. As I was sitting in the airport, headed to Korea, my 5 year old son walked over to me. I reached for him and he backed away. A tear coming down his face. He said “ Dad you lied to me” I said “ what do you mean?” He said “ you taught me to never leave your dive buddy and you’re leaving again”......... sometimes Scott, the best thing to say is nothing at all.......

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta have stubborn projects... or a stubborn some one working them some times if they don't know what is going on.

70 year old tractor ,despite more attention , t.l.c. ,parts,labor than many see has been harder to start ...and when below freezing decided not to.
But it must! During power outages the weather is usually bad and the tarp shed is needed to put the generator from it's more distant storage shed in.

Last above freezing spell I spent time trying to figure it out. Almost starting ,almost. Has good spark when it should ,has gas running out carb ( not unusual if it does not start) , a puff - puff of steam looking air/ fuel coughing out the exhaust with an occasional strong " poof".....what the heck?

Weeks later with yesterday being around freezing for a high I revisited the issue.
6V fully charged. Though it can be hand cranked Not fun if it won't run though. Had it starting with a half turn " pull" of the crank last summer.
Cranked it alot trying to get it going last time,while allowing starter to cool.... through two battery charging cycles. Despite knowing if it does not start in six seconds.....it probably ain't gonna.

Too heavy of oil for winter? Summer fuel blends reduced volatility?
The plan was to first siphon fuel from tank. Pull hood/ tank after tearing down enough to do so. Rebuild tank to carburetor fittings ,a ball valve,a filter , similar to what I replaced sediment bowl with already , then add fresh winter grade fuel....But first..
Pulled the main jet out of the young/ replacement carburetor and cleaned it's passages with a fine copper wire to find a skin/skim of ice and or varnish. (I run fuel treatment with any added fuel).
Manage to not drop it on the dirt floor of the tarp shed. Put it back , hit the starter and " zoom"!.

All the hours trouble shooting and try it again testing.... for a few minute job.
Good thing I don't get paid for this one!

Other "projects" await. Gotta have projects.

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this on a t-shirt today.......add this to MY credo
Simple Words to Live By

Be Strong When You Are Weak