Crown Button, 1861 Cent, Lots of Relics

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We gave it a serious try on Sunday, trying out new spots and finding some sites in areas we just never would have expected. I scored my best finds on a flat ridge on top of a pretty significant hill - three big flat buttons, the 1861 ns cent and the crown button.
The rest of the day I was digging random bits and pieces - somehow the coins were eluding me! Got a little hatchet, horse comb, front of a Hohner harmonica, toe tap, heel plate etc. We did however end up with permission on what could be a very exciting site for the future!
IMG_8150.JPG
IMG_8149.JPG
IMG_8146.JPG

Upvote 7

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Sounds like you guys also bagged a ton of potential on your last hunt; and that's a pretty good find itself!

The button with the crown is nice enough to be something to bring me back there

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we'll be back there, we were told there was a road and several foundations and couldn't believe it when we got up to the top. Never actually reached the foundations. Was quite the view as well! Ground is so rocky pipe stems, glass, pottery etc all just on the top of the ground.

Sounds like you guys also bagged a ton of potential on your last hunt; and that's a pretty good find itself!

The button with the crown is nice enough to be something to bring me back there

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that site was something else!! Who would've suspected a site that high up...Next time up there I'll take some pic of area and post them up on Tnet. Hope we can get out before the BIG FREEZE!! The wife shut me down for this weekend and we are very limited for time...Good news is some of this snow we got knocked over some of the grass!. Love the Button bud!

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets hope this El Nino is a strong one and we're digging in January! I should have snapped a few pics up there as well, I wouldn't want to trip and fall down that hill, that's for sure. That site got me thinking about another hill a couple miles down the road that was settled prior to 1812, might be lots of spots on the hills down there!

Yeah that site was something else!! Who would've suspected a site that high up...Next time up there I'll take some pic of area and post them up on Tnet. Hope we can get out before the BIG FREEZE!! The wife shut me down for this weekend and we are very limited for time...Good news is some of this snow we got knocked over some of the grass!. Love the Button bud!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets hope this El Nino is a strong one and we're digging in January! I should have snapped a few pics up there as well, I wouldn't want to trip and fall down that hill, that's for sure. That site got me thinking about another hill a couple miles down the road that was settled prior to 1812, might be lots of spots on the hills down there!

Looks like clear sailing until Dec. 1st. After that I count it as extra time, but if we're lucky it will last a while. There's many misc. crown buttons out there so pretty much impossible to say exactly what the use was. I also have one, just a crown and no other markings. It's a nice button too, but I have no idea what purpose it served.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm still digging in December, it's a bonus for sure! I thought it was a military when I first dug it, but my mind was just trying to see numbers as usual, haha. Any button with a design is a sweet find for me!

Looks like clear sailing until Dec. 1st. After that I count it as extra time, but if we're lucky it will last a while. There's many misc. crown buttons out there so pretty much impossible to say exactly what the use was. I also have one, just a crown and no other markings. It's a nice button too, but I have no idea what purpose it served.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm still digging in December, it's a bonus for sure! I thought it was a military when I first dug it, but my mind was just trying to see numbers as usual, haha. Any button with a design is a sweet find for me!

It's probably some type of service button but the question is what.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably some type of service button but the question is what.

Yeah..that's the problem we run into with these type of buttons... If nothing else, conversational piece in the display

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions